🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job assignment to specific people
Page options
hesseboom
Community Member

Job assignment to specific people

Hi, 

Over the last few days, I have noticed a development of a trend about which I have some questions.

Can a client very specifically add the name of the person he/she wants the assignment to be carried out by?

I do understand that by doing so, the client excludes the possibility of third parties responding to the job. But is this according to the rules of Upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Hillianthe E wrote:

Hi, 

Over the last few days, I have noticed a development of a trend about which I have some questions.

Can a client very specifically add the name of the person he/she wants the assignment to be carried out by?

I do understand that by doing so, the client excludes the possibility of third parties responding to the job. But is this according to the rules of Upwork?

It is not a trend as such, it always happened. It's when clients either accidentally set the job as public instead of Invite only, or if they copy pasted their invite into the job post.

It does not violate any terms of service though.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Hillianthe E wrote:

Hi, 

It is not a trend as such, it always happened. It's when clients either accidentally set the job as public instead of Invite only, or if they copy pasted their invite into the job post.

It does not violate any terms of service though.

hydra2016
Community Member

I also noticed so many the past month, i flag them to Upwork 

Since Jan 2021 it seems there are many more of these 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members