🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job cancelled by client and wants to pay comp...
Page options
manish33nkc
Community Member

Job cancelled by client and wants to pay compensation

I had one issue, I was working on an hourly contract and my client, at the last minute said he was not satisfied with the work and he closed the contract. I was thinking to manually add time but he closed the contract before that. Now he is saying me he is not happy but wants to pay me the compensation and doesn't know how to pay the compensation. So Is there any way for that?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Manish Narsingh K wrote:

No, actually Client wants to pay compensation to me for my time and he has already cancelled the hourly contract and I have not added time, he cancelled before I added any time. So how can he pay me compensation, like if he can reopen the cancelled contract and pay me the amount

Ask him to issue you a bonus for your hourly rate x the # of hours you worked (don't give him the equation, just tell him the total). He can still issue a bonus on a closed contract. And, of course, thank him for his consideration and business. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

The client wants you to pay compensation?

No, actually Client wants to pay compensation to me for my time and he has already cancelled the hourly contract and I have not added time, he cancelled before I added any time. So how can he pay me compensation, like if he can reopen the cancelled contract and pay me the amount

Manish Narsingh K wrote:

Ask him to issue you a bonus for your hourly rate x the # of hours you worked (don't give him the equation, just tell him the total). He can still issue a bonus on a closed contract. And, of course, thank him for his consideration and business. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members