🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job closed or expired
Page options
global_lau
Community Member

Job closed or expired

Hello Everyone,

I've been on upwork for a month already trying to get my 2nd job as a translator on this platform, but I guess I haven't chosen right the projects to apply. Many of them have been initiated, not even 1 interview or request has been sent. 

Activity on this job

• Proposals:  20 to 50
  • Interviewing: 0
  • Invites sent: 0
  • Unanswered invites: 0

And now I'm getting the following message: "A job that you submitted a proposal for, ..., has been closed or has expired. Your proposal has been archived."

I feel frustrated because I know customers might prefer other profiles over mine, that is only fair. But what upsets me a bit is that it seems that I'm wasting my connects on jobs I don't even have a chance for, then....

1. Do I, at least, get my connects back for any of them? at least the "closed" one?

2. Any advice? I am, in fact an experienced translator, but new to upwork only....

Thanks everyone!

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Laura R wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I've been on upwork for a month already trying to get my 2nd job as a translator on this platform, but I guess I haven't chosen right the projects to apply. Many of them have been initiated, not even 1 interview or request has been sent. 

Activity on this job

• Proposals:  20 to 50
  • Interviewing: 0
  • Invites sent: 0
  • Unanswered invites: 0

And now I'm getting the following message: "A job that you submitted a proposal for, ..., has been closed or has expired. Your proposal has been archived."

I feel frustrated because I know customers might prefer other profiles over mine, that is only fair. But what upsets me a bit is that it seems that I'm wasting my connects on jobs I don't even have a chance for, then....

1. Do I, at least, get my connects back for any of them? at least the "closed" one?

2. Any advice? I am, in fact an experienced translator, but new to upwork only....

Thanks everyone!

1. You only get connects back when upwork closes a job due to some ToS violation or the client cancels it. It would be nice if clients did that, but they often don't.

2. Your best friend is the hiring rate. Don't apply to jobs from clients with a hiring rate below 90% (or some other percentage you deed reasonable), skip the newbie clients that might not be too serious, and carefully study the clients feedback and prior jobs. 

2. Your best friend is the hiring rate. Don't apply to jobs from clients with a hiring rate below 90% (or some other percentage you deed reasonable), skip the newbie clients that might not be too serious, and carefully study the clients feedback and prior jobs. 

I do all of that. Still the result... 😞

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths