cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job complete with bad feedback. (CLIENT WAS ARRESTED)

Ace Contributor
Carlo M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 45

Update. He WAS ARRESTED and charged by THREE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES for RICO, THEFT, DEPOSIT FRAUD and other charges.

I just saw this article on the internet.

Elite techs owner arrested, devices recovered; Former employee describes struggle with management

https://www.tribuneledgernews.com/ledger/owner-of-elite-techs-electronics-repair-arrested/article_3c...

https://www.cbs46.com/news/elite-techs-still-operating-without-a-license/video_f01ce851-fec4-5a34-ba...

https://en.yelp.com.ph/biz/elite-techs-woodstock-5

Upwork should delete his account.

------

Hi Guys,

I need  your opinion about my situation.

I had 2 fixed contracts with a client. I was able to finish both jobs.

But now he wants refund and gave me a bad feedback.

I felt cheated. Man Sad

But what can I do? upwork seems not to protect their freelancers with this kind of clients even that I am a TOP rated with 100% score.

Basically I am willing to refund the payment, But I read that even I refund the payment it will still affect my JSS score. Is that true?

I can also use the TOP rated perk of removing feedback, but this is just a small job and I want to use it in worst case scenario.

Please help me decide what to do..

Thanks,

Carlo

Philippines

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 45

Carlo, 

You can use your top rated perk to remove the feedback from your profile. I wouldn't worry about it much. You have over 10,000 hours, this little contract isn't going to make a dent in your ratings.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Ace Contributor
3 of 45

Yes I am thinking of uing the perk, but this is a small job just like what you said.

I just want to make my profile clean and maintain my 100% score.

What do you suggest? Refund the payment or use the perk? to remove the feedback that I dont even deserved

Community Guru
4 of 45

I would not refund, no way, no how. Your reputation here is great and there's no reason why anyone would think you did not complete this project.  

This is what I would do.  I would wait until your JSS updates and see if it has an impact on it before using the perk. No client is going to look over you because of this one feedback. Clients know that you can't satisfy everybody. Your reputation here is great.  I wouldn't use your perk just yet.  Wait and see if it makes an impact. Honestly, I don't think it will, but if it does, then you can use the perk and it will count.  

If you use it now, and no impact was made to your JSS, then you have wasted it. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Ace Contributor
5 of 45

Noted. Thanks Man Happy

When will the JSS be updated?

I checked and it was last updated last May 14.

Community Guru
6 of 45

It  updates every two weeks. So it will update again this Sunday, but I would give it one or two more updates to see if there is an impact. Good luck, congrats on the long career here. 

Ace Contributor
7 of 45

Thank you. I've been working here on upwork for almost 6 or 7 years.

And this is my 1st experieince with this kind of client.

I have another question.

Will I break any Upwork terms and rules if I ask that client to remove and change the rating in exchange of refund?

I really dont care about his money, I want to maintain my profile.

Thanks

Community Guru
8 of 45

Thing is, if you refund the feedback will go away, yes, but the private rating remains and the client can't change that.  That's why you should not refund.  You did the project, you earned the money. 

Ace Contributor
9 of 45

Will I break any Upwork terms and rules if I negotiate with that client to remove and change the rating in exchange of refund?

Community Guru
10 of 45

That's a really fine line.  In my opinion it would fall within feedback manipulation. Just to be sure I would ask CS or wait for a mod to come along and clarify.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS