🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job drafts submitted, but the client doesn’t ...
Page options
524ba075
Community Member

Job drafts submitted, but the client doesn’t answer anymore! it’s gone!

Hi everyone!

I'm new to Upwork and ask you for help in handling this situation.

The work is a fixed price to pay all at once, but the delivery date has expired because it does not respond to my messages and not how to proceed with the work. The client already deposited the money and left the contract open.

The problem is that at first he was very responsive to messages to spy on what I had to do to him, then from sending the first draft (the same evening) he did not respond for days, reappeared only to tell me that the drafts sent were not in line with his style and I calmly answer that they could be revised and modified as she would like and from there on the void!

Now I do not know how to proceed because I would not want to send the work if it was not approved and receive automatic payment because they were just drafts! At the same time make the drafts and it does not seem right to do as if nothing was wrong!

I don't think you want to work with me anymore, what can I do to make sure I don't get ripped off?

Thank you for helping me

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Send draft, ask with message that you will submit work after xx days if no changes needed. wait xx days. Submit.

Fixed price doesn't mean that you lifetime slave.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
spectralua
Community Member

Submit milestone as-is. Client able to request changes within 14 days. If not then not your problem, you didn't rejected to complete job.

524ba075
Community Member

Thanks for the help Mycola!

So you would suggest I send the draft as "finished work"? Although as such it is not usable because I created it to scale and not to real size being very large file!

Or I wait a few more days, I try to ask her why she's not responding and maybe proceed as you suggested?

My fear is that doing so I leave a negative review (which then would be my first and only review at the moment!) but if there aren't other way out..

Send draft, ask with message that you will submit work after xx days if no changes needed. wait xx days. Submit.

Fixed price doesn't mean that you lifetime slave.

524ba075
Community Member

Thanks for the tips! I’ll do so.

Do you have an active contract through Upwork?

Yeah, that’s right.
Also, we talked only through Upwork chat

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths