🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Job feed based on my categories all messe...
Page options
thebrainwiz
Community Member

Job feed based on my categories all messed up

Why in my job feed there are jobs that are not marked as my categories?
I have selected My categories mostly graphics, but in job feed I get jobs that are outside of my selection like: PHP Scripts, HTTP, Java, Market Research, C, C++, Sales Process, Sales Management, Sales Operations, Sales Strategy...

Thank you.

129 REPLIES 129
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Josip,

My Feed tab of your Find Work page will display jobs based on the searches that you save. So you can configure your feed to your needs by running searches, applying filters and saving them to your feed. Check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see in you feed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,
I have done all that and nothing changed.

I still see categories of jobs I did not select.
Everything was fine until few day ago.

Hi Josip,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
okghoury
Community Member

The same glitch happens on my side. 

Hi Owais,

Could you please try to configure your feed to your needs by running searches, applying filters and saving them to your feed. Check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see in you feed.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you.
I see that you opened a ticket.
Recently I tried to open ticket myself but there is no way to do it.

What is going on?

Hi Josip,

Could you please share more information about the issue you experienced with submitting a support ticekt? If possible please send a screenshot of the error message you received so that we can better assist you. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

Here is screenshot.

I did not choose Financial jobs, but it still apear in my feed.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Josip,

Thank you for following up. I am sorry for the confusion in my previous post. I was referring to your problem with creating a support ticket. I see that you are already communicating with our team on your support ticket regarding your issue with Job Feed. 

Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,
Here is screenshot of requests page.
I do not see button for opening new ticket-request.
I can only browse my old tickets.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Josip,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot. Please know that that is by design. To initiate a ticket with our team you can go to Upwork's Help Center and scroll to the bottom of the page. There you will find options to create a ticket. Here is a screenshot for reference.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,
That button is disabled on my screen and as I see on your screenshot. When I click on that button nothing happens.

Inspite of that when I click on right button ASK DATA, new page is open and everything is OK.
Please check the screenshot. There are no hyperlink on left button, but there is a hyperlink on the right button.

Hi Josip,

You can try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser. If the issue persists, you may inform the team through your already open support ticket so they can assist you further with that. Remember that you can access your open tickets via your email as well.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello everyone, Currently, my job feed doesn't show my category jobs. maximum jobs do not match my skills. 

I open topic with the same content.
I have the same problem.

teejaygushy
Community Member

my job feeds has not been loading over two days now and always posting jobs that are far behind also doesn't match my skills

Hi Adetunji,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
zaibun-nisa
Community Member

My job feed is showing old posted job almost 11 or 12 hrs ago recently posted jobs or new jobs are not shown. Kindly fix this problem.

Hi Zaibun,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
hamidraza21
Community Member

I have changed the categories, after that, I am showing totally irrelevant jobs. How to solve it?

Hi Hamid,

~ Nikola
Upwork
faranshahbazkhan
Community Member

Hello there, 

Lately "My Feed" has been updating with all sorts of different category jobs which are irrelevant to my expertise or "Niche", this wasn't the case 3 weeks back. 

What could've gone wrong? Do I need to change settings? I do know there are filters which could help me filter out the jobs, however, the jobs now showing up on the feed are from different "niches". 

Thanks 

Regards

Hi Faran,

My Feed tab of your Find Work page will display jobs based on the searches that you save. Could you please try configuring your feed to your needs by running searches, applying filters, and saving them to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see in your feed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Moderators, Is there a solution for this problem???

Exactly same issue here

achukastudio
Community Member

For several days now, Load More Jobs does NOT 'load more jobs', it just scrolls back through those already listed - on endless repeat.

Anyone else having this issue?

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that resolves the issue for you? If that doesn't help, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have emptied cache and the problem is persisting (both Safari and Chrome)

m_maki_madni
Community Member

Hello Dear,

I am trying to apply jobs but could not be able to find relevant jobs according to my skills, there are completely irralevant jobs on feed, my skills are related to data entry, lead generation and product listings, but on feed it's always showing jobs related to Graphics Desing, mobile app develpor, Python etc, I reached out to Upwork customer support three times and they told me to remove cookies and cache, history and open profile in incogonito window, I applied these steps all time but still not getting any solution on my profile, it's been almost three weeks. Looking forward for solution. Job Feed screenshot is attached Thank You!

Hi Muhammad,

My Feed tab of your Find Work page will display jobs based on the searches that you save. Could you please try configuring your feed to your needs by running searches, applying filters, and saving them to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear Aleksandar, I did save jobs according to my skills and I had never searched these jobs which are showing in My Feed, please give us a solution, I tried everything what I told by Upwork customer support three times before, but no solution.

In my job feed I'm getting project after 20mins, 10mins, more. Sometimes 50mins later I receive 1 project in my feed. 

Muhammad,

I got the same problem.
They did not fix this.
I think this is happening since the site last big upgrade.

Yes, You are right, It's happening since they last update the website, even I did save the jobs according to my skills, and never seareched that jobs which are still showing in My Feed. But not getting any solution.

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear that it is still not showing you relevant results. I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same issue. My main categories are Graphic related.

Lately I have been receiving job feeds that are not in relation with my skills. I’m a freelance writer but I don’t get to see any writing jobs in my feed all I get to see are graphics designers job. Please someone should see to this. Thanks

Hi Henry and Manoj,

Could you please try adjusting your feed by running searches, applying filters, using the advanced search option, and saving your search to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see in your feed. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, 

In my job feed project are not properly. 

I attach an image to show an example of my job feed. 

I upgraded the membership so that I can submit proposal. But if the project feed is not working properly then I'll not get the right projects.

I need help. Please help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths