🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job feed based on my categories all messed up
Page options
thebrainwiz
Community Member

Job feed based on my categories all messed up

Why in my job feed there are jobs that are not marked as my categories?
I have selected My categories mostly graphics, but in job feed I get jobs that are outside of my selection like: PHP Scripts, HTTP, Java, Market Research, C, C++, Sales Process, Sales Management, Sales Operations, Sales Strategy...

Thank you.

129 REPLIES 129

Hi Md Liton,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Feel free to follow up on your support ticket if you are still experiencing the same issue and our team will assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

https://prnt.sc/113y8nq

Not showing support option. 

When I first open link I see LOG IN button, but after a second button dissaper and show the same thing in screenshot Md Litton H posted.

Hi Md Liton and Josip,

To request help, you can click the question mark icon (see screenshot) located at the bottom right corner of this page and provide information about your account type as well as the issue you need help with. Please note that you must be logged in to see this option.

If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click the "thumbs down" button and you'll see more support options

~ Nikola
Upwork

I already loged in but not showing any live chat option in the support page. I found robot support. But live chat option is not shwing anywhere.

Hi Md Liton,

You'd have to go through that option in order for you to chat with an agent. Nonetheless, I can see that you're already in correspondence with the team through this support ticket, rest assured they'll be getting back to you and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Did you get any solution?

taimoor_n
Community Member

HI, Upwork community, from the past 15 to 20 days my job feed is showing weird behavior, I am a UI/UX Designer and my job feed is populated with writing jobs, development jobs, translation jobs, and Whatmore. I can use my connects anymore due to the lack of new related jobs, Upwork puts everything in the "Best Match" section but the problem is when we get a job from there it already has 50+ proposals, it is not updating like our common job feed. Kindly reset my profile I am a designer and I don't have a design job on my feed. 

Screenshot attached. 

Regards 

Taimoor

Hi Taimoor,

My Feed tab of your Find Work page will display jobs based on the searches that you save. Could you please try configuring your feed to your needs by running searches, applying filters, and saving them to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see in your feed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks, Alexsandar

A few days back this wasn't the scenario, why would I need to do advance searches and filtering to get the job? I already have mentioned my skills and interests, why would you guys just show the relevant job listing to relevant skills? 

Aleksandar,

This is not solution.

I found solution.
Just follow screenshot steps I made.

There are 6 steps.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I found solution.
Just follow screenshot steps I made.

There are 6 step

**Edited for Community Guidelines**s.

Unfortunately your screenshot has been removed by Upwork based on the Community Guidelines. Please make this post unresolved so we can all find a solution on this. Upwork team needs to work on this and fix it. Because they do not let your screenshots to appear here.

ankurmithal
Community Member

In My Feed, I am getting lots of jobs that have no relevance to the skills I have listed in my profile. Why is this happening? Is My Feed a list of ALL jobs that are posted without matching to my skillsets?

Example: My Job Feed (upwork.com)

Hi Ankur,

It looks like you have a lot of searches saved. However, the majority of them are search queries for a keyword or a key phrase that are not further configured with filters. I believe you can get better results if you add category filters to your saved searches. For example, if you have a search for "CRO" as a keyword, you can use filters on the left side to only see jobs with that keyword posted in the Sales & Marketing Category, like this. If you'd like to view and update a saved search to add filters, you can hover your mouse over that saved search in your feed and click the link icon that appears. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you. I will work out my Searches. Thanks for that. My question was on the composition of My Feed. Does it include everything that gets posted on Upwork as a Job without any reference to my skillset?

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for the follow up. I'd like to ask you to kindly follow up here once you follow the advice Joanne shared and configure your job feed by removing existing and saving new, more detailed searches. If you continue seeing irrelevant jobs in your feed afterwards, we'll ask our team to reach out to you directly and investigate. We have received a few similar reports and our team is currently investigating each of them. We'd appreciate if you could keep us updated. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you Vladimir.

My original query, copied here, remains unanswered:

In My Feed, I am getting lots of jobs that have no relevance to the skills I have listed in my profile. Why is this happening? Is My Feed a list of ALL jobs that are posted without matching to my skillsets?

Joanne has answered a question that I don't think I asked. Might be useful but not connected to my query. Ifb you can address the query it might help.

Thanks,

Ankur

In the Skills Search field in Advanced Search, how can I use the OR function. In other words, how can I create a Search which will identify and list ANY of the Skills I enter in that field?

tufanbiswas
Community Member

Hi, 

My job feed comes up irrelevant Jobs outside my category. I have been facing this problem for some time now, I have contact in support a few times but no permanent solution has been found. I will be grateful if the problem is solved completely. 

Sincerely,

Tufan

Hi Tufan,

I'm sorry to hear that your job feed is still not giving you the correct list of jobs. I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
esthella
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Please help. My job feed is a total mess too. All the jobs I see are different from my skill and category. It has been like this for months now and it's frustrating. Please what could be the problem? Can that be fixed please?

Thanks,
Esther.

Hi Esther, 

I'm sorry for the trouble you're having with your job feed section. Could you please try saving some relevant searches? Here's how to perform and save a search. After you saved the relevant searches please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~ Joanne
Upwork
esthella
Community Member

Thank you so much, Joanne. I did exactly as you said and although it worked for for awhile, it's still shows unrelated jobs on my feed. And i'm still worried.

Hi Esther,

Could you please share a screenshot from your end with me via PM (click on my name)?  Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I'm having troubles sending you a PM, I don't know why. Please can I drop the screenshot here? My feed is still showing unrelated jobs. Thank you.

Hello Esther,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
didwaplus_team
Community Member

For the past days, my feed has been displaying jobs which are not in relation to my categories I selected. Any help?

Thanks

Samuel,
Please follow my steps in screenshots and you will resolve problem you have.

Sure !!

Hi Josip

can you please tell me those tips

ab659807
Community Member

Not seeing new jobs The last requests I saw were within 8 hours. It seems that there is something wrong and when I log into the site on the phone I see the new jobs

Hi Ilyass,

My Feed tab of your Find Work page will display jobs based on the searches that you save. Could you please try configuring your feed to your needs by running searches, applying filters, and saving them to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see in your feed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar
I did that but it doesn't work all jobs posted that I see is posted more than 8 hours and don't get changed i tried too much.

Hi Ilyass, 

From what I can see on your screenshot, it doesn't look like you have any saved searches. Could you please follow the instructions shared on this thread to run and save some searches so that relevant jobs show in your My Feed tab? Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,
You have not look good. I have saved PHOTOSHOP search. But anyway, I do not search for jobs thru PHOTOSHOP saved search, my feed is loading like it was before. It must be a bug after the latest UpWork site upgrade.

Sorry, I did not see that you replying to Ilyass.

Hi Valeria 

The problem is that I can't see any new posts, it been 2 days now and there are no new posts on any type of jobs all of them are (more than 8 hours ) Idk what's going on, when I search with my phone I see the new jobs but on my computer, I cant see them

Ilyass, 

Right, and the reason for that is most likely because there are no saved searches for you feed to display. To save searches, please follow these steps:

1. Perform a search and filter as desired. For example you could do a search for an ad design and apply a few filters like this. 
  2. Click the Save Search button at the top of your search results 

The jobs that match the parameters of that search will appear in the My Feed tab, including the more recent ones.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria

but the problem is when I search on anything I don't see any new result I see only the old posts

~Ilyass

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members