🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job feed based on my categories all messed up
Page options
thebrainwiz
Community Member

Job feed based on my categories all messed up

Why in my job feed there are jobs that are not marked as my categories?
I have selected My categories mostly graphics, but in job feed I get jobs that are outside of my selection like: PHP Scripts, HTTP, Java, Market Research, C, C++, Sales Process, Sales Management, Sales Operations, Sales Strategy...

Thank you.

129 REPLIES 129

Ilyass, could you please share a link to a search you're running and a screenshot of what you see as an example?

~ Valeria
Upwork
ankurmithal
Community Member

Hi,

My Feed contains jobs that have no relevance to the skills on my profile.

Examples:

My Job Feed (upwork.com)

My Job Feed (upwork.com)

My Job Feed (upwork.com)

Is this the design and everyone gets this as their feed or is there an error?

Thanks,

Ankur Mithal

Hello Ankur,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you have with Job feed. My Feed tab of your Find Work page display jobs based on the searches that you saved. Could you please try configuring your feed to your needs by running searches, applying filters, using the advanced search option, and saving your search to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see in your feed. Feel free to message if problems persist. 

Thank you

Pradeep H

Upwork

Thank you for your response, Pradeep.

However, does not seem specific to my query. Can you please tell me, for either of the two examples I shared, why they were a part of My Feed. What did I do that triggered their inclusion.

Thanks,

Ankur

Hi Ankur, 

Have you tried the suggestions Pradeep shared with you? Was it still showing irrelevant jobs in your feed? Please feel free to let us know if the issue continues so that we can investigate the problem further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a6428715
Community Member

Hi.
Since yesterday my feed displays irrelevant jobs although my categories, saved and searched jobs are according to my skill and expertise.
The jobs appearing in my feed are really random ranging from interior designs and app development, project manager, assignment statistics etc.
Is there anything that can be done to solve this problem?

Hi Nilima,

Could you please try to adjust your feed by running searches, applying filters, using the advanced search option, and saving your search to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see in your feed. Feel free to message if problems persist. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a6428715
Community Member

Hi. I have already tried all of those and I'm still doing it. It is still
not working. The job feed has started showing more irrelevant ones like
Hindi translation and so no. What am I supposed to do now?

Hello Nilima,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
jshperdhea
Community Member

It's been like a couple of months that this happens but this past week has been the worst. My job feed shows nothing related to writing or copywriting. I guess Upwork wants me to try home design and coding. Can anyone tell me what's going on and how do I fix this.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jurgen,

Please try adjusting your feed by running searches, applying filters, using the advanced search option, and saving your search to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see in your feed. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
aamirrana41
Community Member

same thing happen on my jobs feed

Hi Aamir,

Can you please try what Nikola suggested here? If that doesn't work, please let me know so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
numrahalam
Community Member

Hi, I am a Graphc design and motion designer. I have found out that my job feed is full of irrelevant job offers.

I am facing this issue from last two weeks. I have changed my categories option and recent searches option but nothing happened. I also did thumbs down option with doesnt match my skill option but nothing happened.

Kindly do let me know what to do to solve this issue!

Regards,

Numrah Mazhar

Hello Numrah,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you have with Job feed. Could you please configure your feed to your needs by running searches, applying filters, using the advanced search option and saving your search to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see in your feed. Feel free to message if problems persist. 

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

Thanks for responfing back to me. I have already done these changes to my job search feed, searches and advanced searches but the problem still persists. 

One thing I would like to mention that this problem might be occur just after upwork performed mainatainace 2-3 weeks before. Before that I am really happy with my feed. 

Will be waiting for your response.

Hi Numrah,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to provide an update about the issues discussed on this thread. The team identified an issue where feeds with saved searches had been showing some jobs that didn't match the parameters of the searches. That issue has already been fixed. If you still see jobs that don't match your skills and specialty in your My Feed tab, please make sure you save searches with relevant filters to your feed as described in this help article.

~ Valeria
Upwork
sarapanhwer2000
Community Member

Hello  all, I hope you are well. I  have been using Upwork for the last one year now. Lately Upwork has been showing me irrelevant jobs. Despite removing tags, it is showing  me innumerable irrelevant jobs. 

Secondly, there is no support email provided anywhere . I am really disappointed. I would really appreciate any sort of help.

Hi Sara,

Could you please try adjusting your feed by running searches, applying filters, using the advanced search option, and saving your search to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see in your feed. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Please know that to request help, you can click the question mark icon (see screenshot) located at the bottom right corner of this page and provide information about your account type as well as the issue you need help with.

Note: you must be logged in to see this option.
If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click the "thumbs down" button and you'll see more support options.

~ Nikola
Upwork
tariq_raza
Community Member

I am not seeing relevant jobs in my FEED only in recommended and best matches show relevant jobs

Hi Raza, 

As confirmed by Valeria in this thread, the issue with the job feed has been fixed. Could you please try adjusting your feed by running searches, applying filters, using the advanced search option, and saving your search to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see in your feed. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Joanne
Upwork
enriquefc
Community Member

Hi, I am a Top Rated Plus Freelancer, however, my invitations to projects suck. I mostly get invitations to projects that do not match my skill set, or that require odd jobs not related to my profile.

What gives? I have not bothered asking before because I get a lot of workflow, but I would like to know what the criteria to recommend Upwork talent to clients is based on.

I imagine they are shown the best candidates to invite? Or is it totally random?

Thanks a lot.

Enrique

Hello Enrique,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you have with job invitations. This happens mostly when the Client invites Freelancers without checking their complete profile and skills or sometimes when Freelancer's skills are incorrectly matched by our search engine. While we have limited control over the Client's action while inviting Freelancers, we can try to help you configure your Job feed to check if that helps you resolve your issue.

My Feed tab of your Find Work page display jobs based on the searches that you saved. Could you please try configuring your feed again to your needs by running searches, applying filters, using the advanced search option, and saving your search to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see in your feed. Feel free to message if problems persist. 

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
gomezyaiko
Community Member

Hey, Before an update was made im sure, i would be able to see global jobs, people in other countries in the "my feed" section, and now i don't. is this a change i can not fix? I want to see other jobs that are available but currently can only see US jobs!

Thanks!

Hi Yaiko,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists? Also, please try deleting your current saved searches and saving new ones with relevant filters to see if it helps.

Thanks! 

~Andrea
Upwork

Now instead of only US based jobs, i'm getting irrelevant jobs that dont match with my specifications, i do video editing and its showing me global jobs for email marketing or copy editing and concept development haha

Hi Yaiko,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
kamel_mohamed
Community Member

Hi all,

Whatever I did, changing "My Categories", clearing cache, loggin out & in, clearing cookies, I can't get "My Feed" to show related job,

The issue appeared three weeks ago or so,

Please, I am not talking about "Advanced Search", "Best Matches", "Recommended",

Best regards,

Mohamed

Hi Mohamed,

Could you please confirm if you've tried saving some relevant searches? Here's how to perform and save a search.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Using saved search solved the issue,

Thanks Andrea

wasim5827
Community Member

Hi Bojan.
I'm also facing same sorts of problem. Some times new jobs shown for maximum 10 minutes and after refreshing page, all new jobs disappear suddenly and after that I have to search for any particular job. I have not saved any specific search filters also.

Hi M Wasim,

Could you please try saving some relevant searches? Here's how to perform and save a search. After you saved the relevant searches please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~ Nikola
Upwork
bad40d92
Community Member

Hi,

My job feed was fine 2 days ago, then I added a specialized profile and now My job feed is full of jobs that don't match my skill sets, that specialized profile is totally different from my job field and is similar to my other specialized profile So I don't know how that is affecting it. Furthermore, I have sorted the categories in my profile So they are not causing the problem also. Kindly help me fix my job feed.

Hi Wahab,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with your job feed. Could you please try adjusting your feed by running searches, applying filters, using the advanced search option, and saving your search to your feed? You can check out this help article for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see. If the situation persists after this, please let us know.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
nabeelsheikh74
Community Member

All the new jobs stuck at posted 13 hours ago, I have cleared all the browser cache and cookies but the problem is the same kindly help me ??

Hi Muhammad, 

Could you please try to check using a different browser? You might also want to check if your clock is set correctly and that your connection is stable. If the error persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

the issue persists

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members