» Forums » Freelancers » Job feed
Page options
colettelewis
Community Member

Job feed

Job search is becoming impossible: 

Job feed is nothing but repetition

Scrolling sticks or stops altogether when returning to job feed

"Best matches", which started as a good feature, before Upwork mucked around with the design, is now random rather than relevant. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to share an update that this bug has now been fixed and I'll be closing this thread from further comments.

Thank you for your patience while we were getting this addressed. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Yes I noticed that too, since there is this huge banner wishing me a good afternoon, which is just depressing because it just reminds me of the passage of time and my own mortality, the feed gets stuck constantly. Maybe the feed feels the same way and just gives up. 

Martina P wrote:

Yes I noticed that too, since there is this huge banner wishing me a good afternoon, which is just depressing because it just reminds me of the passage of time and my own mortality, the feed gets stuck constantly. Maybe the feed feels the same way and just gives up. 

The welcome banner is a waste of space and should be removed.

bilsim
Community Member

Same here. The feed stuck and shuffled, a great number of repetitive job posts, the mirror effect which makes everything more confusing (the things that used to be on the left are now on the right and vice versa) and the giant Good morning message. It's OK if you wish me a good morning, but it doesn't have to take half of the screen. Shouldn't the design changes lead to better functionality, not worse?

Hi all,

I have noticed that I have actual duplicate jobs posted in my feed, its not someone reposting, it seems an Upwork issue, beuase if I open the post, then both will show as "read"

See attached

Duplicate jobs.JPG

Hi Antony,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I've had that same issue for two days now.

Hello Moderators

As there is no way to speak or chat with support staff, I am posting here.  When I click on the there are new jobs, it shows the latest jobs and after some time the jobs start repeating.  Please look into this.  I am not able to post pics here, it is not allowing.

Thanks

Hi Tarpinder,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I keep getting  repeated job posts in my feed.  Would Upwork please do something about this. And it is not the client spamming. The posts are  being repeated.  

Nichola L wrote:

I keep getting  repeated job posts in my feed.  Would Upwork please do something about this. And it is not the client spamming. The posts are  being repeated.  

I'm seeing the same thing. On the first page of the results, the first 10 or so jobs are repeated before the "load more" prompt.

Wes C wrote:

Nichola L wrote:

I'm seeing the same thing. On the first page of the results, the first 10 or so jobs are repeated before the "load more" prompt.

The same here.

Hi Wes and Maria,

I've moved your posts to a more relevant thread discussing this issue, we're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We are investigating the issue and someone from our team will be reaching out to you via support ticket soon in order to assist you. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Wes and Maria,

I've moved your posts to a more relevant thread discussing this issue, we're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We are investigating the issue and someone from our team will be reaching out to you via support ticket soon in order to assist you. 

So we have a bunch of posts pointing out that the new job feed page is broken, and the thread for feedback about the new job feed isn't the appropriate place for them? 

Wes C wrote:

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Wes and Maria,

So we have a bunch of posts pointing out that the new job feed page is broken, and the thread for feedback about the new job feed isn't the appropriate place for them? 

It is not enough with the mess that the forums are starting to be for the comments that should be in Feedback in the Find Work Homepage thread, have been passed to Freelancers 😞
But, if "Updates coming to the forums" has been posted on the coconut thread, what can you expect? 🙄

It would be nice if, when a request is open by a moderator, from the forum, the message that reaches us specifies why it is sent to us.
I have received one that says "It appears that your issue is more complex, and so I have escalated your issue to our Technical Support Team for further assistance ......" and I had to ask what was talking about, because I didn't had opened no request.

The new layout here makes it too tiresome to search this thread by my job feed always starts with 10 jobs that are then repeated. Please fix that as well.

Hi Jennifer,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having some problems with the new job feed,

1. several symbols on titles are appearing as text  (&amp, &quot, etc.)

2. first 5 - 6 projects are overlapping.

3. most annoying thing is that every new job are appearing as "posted in 2 hours" even if the job appears just after refreshing. 

4. apart from these problems, I can't find a way to submit a ticket or create a new request in the help center to report this issue.

I don't know about others, but I am seeing many repeated entries.  

Each job is tagged with a unique icon.  Blurred out because I don't want to show my exact feed.

joechiu_3-1639251146735.png

Me too. Jobs are repeated twice.

joechiu
Community Member

There are other strange repetitions happening throughout the site.  For example, on a particular job listing, the desired skills are repeated many times over.

joechiu_0-1639465131750.png

This feels more like a databse query problem.  Perhaps hiring one of the best SQL developers  (https://www.upwork.com/hire/sql-programmers/) could help fix the issue.  

Choosing the lowest-priced person may not be a sound strategy. If you engage someone to write the search back-end then end up spending 10 hours of your time communicating back and forth and editing multiple releases, how much are you really saving? Especially when you compare it to hiring someone who may charge a few bucks more, but they get it right the first time with minimal revisions.

I'm getting the first half dozen or so jobs duplicated... PITA.

While we're at it, is there a way to "exclude" certain keywords? I am an Adobe CC guy... I don't want to see any jobs for figma, or canva, or any jobs for NFT or cannabis.

with the design channge of the job feed, I realized that the jobs that are posted appears twice in my job feed.

I'm rather new to Upwork and am wondering if my job feed is restricted due to the short amount of time working jobs here.

I don't know if there are few jobs (1, 2 or 3 per hour) being listed at Upwork in my field (web related) or if more established people in the same field get larger job feeds.

Thank you

P.S.  I do click on the "Most recent" option but jobs are still sparse.  Additionally, there's a duplicate problem as I scroll down the job list.

Hi Luz, 

I checked your Job Feed, and when I click on My Feed > All, I can see that there are jobs posted recently. The jobs showing on "My Feed" are now based on the filters of your Saved Search, however, if there is none saved, it will be based on your categories. This means that when you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you've chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you've saved and searched. 

I highly suggest that you start manually searching and saving jobs from time to time.  However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes time to fetch the results. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, not sure if any one else is also facing the same issue as i can see duplicate jobs when i scroll down to find jobs.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please share screenshots from your end with me via PM? And please open both job posts and share their URL with me as well so that I can investigate this further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I just did a small  video so you can see what i mean. Same jobs start displaying again as you scroll down.

Please review https://youtu.be/niA6atv4ws0

Hi Muhammad,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
556b513f
Community Member

mahma online data entry work jobs

NikolaS

Hi All, 

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I shared your reports with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via support tickets to assist you further.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Ok, I received an email from the support team

tlbp
Community Member

Nichola L wrote:

Job search is becoming impossible: 

Job feed is nothing but repetition

Scrolling sticks or stops altogether when returning to job feed

"Best matches", which started as a good feature, before Upwork mucked around with the design, is now random rather than relevant. 

I click through until I could set up an advanced search. Then, I saved a link to that search on my bookmarks tab. It's not ideal, but it does allow me to skip the new (annoying) feed. 

colettelewis
Community Member

When is this going to be fixed? 

same here...  

Hi,

I found out that the job feed duplicated jobs in the same order, so for example in top you found JOB 1 and JOB 2 and after that you found exactly the same.

The issue have been for some days now

Hi Tatiana and Omar,

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Tatiana and Omar,

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you! 

I don't really understand why you are escalating the problem and opening requests individually if is a general problem.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All, 

Thanks for reporting that you're seeing duplicate jobs in your feed. We have shared all these reports with the team and they're working on replicating and addressing the issue. Typically, we have support tickets created for first few reports as we need to collect details about the issue for our engineers to investigate. 

We will also merge all reports of this specific issue into this thread to keep the reports in the same place. We'll be providing an update once the issue is resolved here as well. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members