🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Job feeds stop showing recent jobs withou...
Page options
olamipro
Community Member

Job feeds stop showing recent jobs without changes to category selected

Job feeds stop showing recent jobs without changes to category selected

For days, i noticed my job feeds is not showing recent jobs instantly. ( Jobs only show after 20mins+ to 1 hour+).
At first, i thought there was less job posting which of course not so convincing to me considering the categories i worked on
but when it continued the second day, i use search instantly and in the search, i saw recent jobs that should have show in my feeds of 5 minutes etc.

So, to be sure the third day, i opened the feed and keep reloading at interval and the next job that shows again was posted 27 minutes ago (and of course, with 10+ proposals which is a disadvantage to me as client was already interviewing someone as in most others).

Kindly help look into this matter

22 REPLIES 22
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olawale, 

I checked your account, and it looks like your job feed is updating correctly. As a tip, you may want to click on the magnifying glass on your Find Work page, create filters for your key-word search, and click on the "Save Search" button, so that your job feed auto-populates with jobs that meets the filters you applied on your search. 

Filters copy 2.png

~ Avery
Upwork
olamipro
Community Member

Thanks for your response.
The problem is not jobs in my category not showing up, but showing up very late.

I'll attach 3 screenshots of the test I just carried out now after your message

- I opened my job feed and the last job was 26 minutes ago as at (8:54am). So, I was reloading my feed at interval and no update until (8:58am) and when new job finally show, it was posted 17 minutes ago with 15 to 20 proposals. Please check the my phone time showing at the top of the screenshots and compare.

So, how can a job shows up as new job on my feed 17 minutes after it was posted and with 15 to 20 proposals considering the fact I was online and keep checking my feed for new job ? Up to the time of posting this 9:06am. No new job yet and I'm sure when new job will show up, it'll probably be showing 20 minutes ago as posted time.

( I've tried this on my desktop, phone and upwork app).

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Olawale,

I checked the job post you`re referring to and I can confirm that everything is working as designed. I would also recommend deleting your saved search results and adding them again. 

Lastly, please monitor your job feed via computer as well. If you experience any similar problems let us know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The same thing is happening to me.

Hi
My job feed is showing 20 hour ago, 15 hour ago jobs and it's not showing recent jobs and i have tried to put and delete keyword search and then 'saved job' too but nothing happened. Its 3rd day i am facing with it. Please solve it as soon as you can.
Thank you

Hi Tassawar and Ahsan,

I checked your job feeds and was able to locate jobs posted 20min,30min ago on your home page.

I can also suggest double checking your saved search results and if you have used any filters that you want to remove them. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Govan, thanks for your help. if I go to my saved searches, there are newer jobs but those jobs are not showing in my feed. Earlier I was informed that it is a known technical glitch and I will be updated when it resolves but it seems like it has been going on for days.

Hi Ahsan,

I just double checked your job feed and now Im able to replicate the problem you`re referring to. 

I will follow up with our team and one of our team members will assist you further on your ticket as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Much appreciated!

Could you please take a look to see if my feed is updating correctly? As I don't think it is!

Hi Darren,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
engrumaraftab
Community Member

Jobs don't show up on my job feed as soon as they are posted. When I see a new job, it's already been there for some 20 mins and with a significant number of proposals. Is there anything wrong anywhere? Thanks

Someone, please fix this issue asap as it's greatly reducing my chances of winning a job. Please! Thanks

Thank you for coming up with your experience too as I'm tired of trying to explain to them over and over while they keep telling me everything is working as designed instead of fixing their bugs.

Hi Umar and others,

I'd like to confirm that this is a known issue that's currently being investigated by our engineers. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience. Once we have more information, we'll post an update here as well as on the support tickets you have about this issue. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
vipulnandan
Community Member

Since yesterday I am getting jobs that are at least 20-30 minutes old. Till day before yesterday I got jobs as quickly as 1 minute. I assumed that it was a slow day (unlikely in my skill but still). However, on creating a custom search with only my category as the filter and no other filters, I started getting recent jobs again. But this only works when I go to the cvustom search I saved. My feed is still showing jobs that are 20-30 minutes old.

Hello, I also have the same problem. In a global search, jobs appear every time, but in my feed after 20-40 min delay

Hi Vipul and Illia,

Our team will reach out via tickets as soon as possible and will assist you further with your job feeds. Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork
dmritesh
Community Member

Facing similar problem, from past 1 week the jobs aren't showing up frequently as they were before.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ritesh, 

I just checked your account and can see that your job feed has updated job posts. You may want to try saving a job search filter by clicking on the magnifying glass icon on the search box as shown in the screengrab below and save a search filter from there. 

Filters - Advanced Search.png

Save search filter.png

When you save a search filter, any job that meets the filters you included in your job search keyword will auto-populate your job feed. Hopefully, your job feed will auto-populate with jobs that require your skills, and experience.

~ Avery
Upwork
dmritesh
Community Member

Avery Thanks for your Response,

The problem is with my job feed it's Not updating in 5-10 min's, I have already tried your solution but nothing happened...

Hi Ritesh,

I would like to clarify that it's best to reload your home page so that your job feed is updated.

Did you also try saving new search results as Avery advised you? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths