🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job finished / Client unresponsive / No payme...
Page options
bailesham
Community Member

Job finished / Client unresponsive / No payment as of yet

Hi Community,

I took a job a few weeks ago from a client because i wanted to build my portfolio and job success rate.

The client was pretty unresponsive from day 1, but kept coming back and eventually made a contract for the job. Before she made the contract she switched to another account and there created the job. I accepted it of course but I also flagged and reported it to UW.

Now the job is complete, I submitted for payment on Friday and the client is unresponsive.

Whats the best thing to do in this situation?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
gaucho76
Community Member

Did she fund it? If so, you can make a complaint and get UpWork to release the funds

Fabio D wrote:

Did she fund it? If so, you can make a complaint and get UpWork to release the funds

Clients have 14 days to release the funds in escrow, after that it is released by the system. There is no need to complain anywhere and waste valuable CS time we all pay for.

"waste valuable CS time"

I don't know if laugh or cry

Yes, it would be a waste of time, because the client hasn't done anything wrong. It has only been one working day. Upwork isn't going to contact the client and tell him to hurry up. He has 14 days to review the project, so the OP will just have to be patient.

Listen, I had to pay almost 300 dollars for the "valuable time" of your beloved CS. And I'm still trying to get them to contact me!!!!!! Even with legal arbitrators judgement, they don't have enough time to give even the simplest answer (WHICH I PAID!!!) . As a matter of fact I came to this forum as an act of desperation because they're ignoring me, and someone from the forum actually took a look and "let them know" they're only 5 days behind on a time sensitive matter involving a quite big sum. And of course, nobody contacted me!!!

That's how "valuable" they are, don't make me laugh

Fabio D wrote:

Listen, I had to pay almost 300 dollars for the "valuable time" of your beloved CS. And I'm still trying to get them to contact me!!!!!! Even with legal arbitrators judgement, they don't have enough time to give even the simplest answer (WHICH I PAID!!!) . As a matter of fact I came to this forum as an act of desperation because they're ignoring me, and someone from the forum actually took a look and "let them know" they're only 5 days behind on a time sensitive matter involving a quite big sum. And of course, nobody contacted me!!!

That's how "valuable" they are, don't make me laugh

You just have to wait longer if you tell fellow freelancer to contact them FNR.

Yes was funded.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members