🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job has been closed
Page options
faisalrahman82
Community Member

Job has been closed

Hello, can anyone please

help me finding the ans, when it says job has been expired or closed. Your proposal has been archived. So, do I get my connects back to reuse ? 

4 REPLIES 4
9b660019
Community Member

Typically, jobs that the client closes will refund but a job that expires will not. If connects are refunded, they'll show up under "Reports" -> "Connects History" almost immediately.

In most cases you will not get the connects back. This is intentional on Upwork's part, and while frequently complained about on these forums is almost certain to not change.

jr-translation
Community Member

Faisal R wrote:

Hello, can anyone please

help me finding the ans, when it says job has been expired or closed. Your proposal has been archived. So, do I get my connects back to reuse ? 

No, the client decided you are not a good fit for the work and archived your proposal.

Or as it typically happens very often, client posted job and then never came back to the site to hire anyone.

You get your connects back if 1) Upwork delists a job offer because the client has violated the ToS

and 2) If the client him or herself cancels the job offer without hiring anyone. 

You do not get your connects back if the client simply leaves the offer open and doesn't hire anyone. 

When proposals are archived,  because either the client has turned a proposal down, or because Upwork eventually archives a proposal that has timed-out, you do not get your connects back. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths