Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job hiring notifications

ralphiedee
Ace Contributor
Ralph D Member Since: Oct 11, 2015
1 of 3

I came over from Elance and Upwork is lagging a bit behind in the unctionality of Elance. One of the most important aspects that Upwork does not have is a message indicator when I job I bid on has been filled OR the cclient hired someone.

I bid on 10 jobs and as I go back to look there is NO INDICATION that the client hired anyone. Which brings me to another important issue that should be addressed. 

Upwork should have a rule for clients, if the client posts a job THEY MUST HIRE by NO longer than 10 business days, anything over that like the 59 days Elance gives you is uproductive as WAY too much time passes and this allows clients to forget posts or hire using a differnt method. If the cient knew ahead of time that they have a set amount of time to hire and if they do not the job is trashed and the cient needs to re do it, it woukd make cpotential clients pay more attention.

THESE TWO ISSUES SHOULSD BE ADDRESSED AS I HATE TO WASTE CONNECTS ON JOBS WHERE I CANNOT SEE IF THE POTENTIAL CLIENT HIRED FIR THE JOB OR A LONG WAIT TIME AFTER I BID.

RD

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 3

For your first point, you get an email when someone hires another contractor. It basically says "You lose." I hate those emails. 

For the second point, Elance doesn't force clients to hire either, so there is no difference between the two platforms. You wasted connects on Elance for this too.

Forcing people to hire isn't ever going to happen.

hbbabiar
Community Leader
HB B Member Since: Aug 9, 2015
3 of 3

@Ralph D wrote:

Upwork should have a rule for clients, if the client posts a job THEY MUST HIRE by NO longer than 10 business days, anything over that like the 59 days Elance gives you is uproductive as WAY too much time passes and this allows clients to forget posts or hire using a differnt method. If the cient knew ahead of time that they have a set amount of time to hire and if they do not the job is trashed and the cient needs to re do it, it woukd make cpotential clients pay more attention.

Ralph,

Keep an eye on the hire rate of the client. I work in translations and article writing and have wasted a lot of connects and time submitting proposals for jobs the "client" never intended to fill on this platform.

About the Client

Payment Method Not Verified

37 Jobs Posted

0% Hire Rate, 17  Open Jobs

Member Since Jun 22, 2015

About the Client

22 Jobs Posted

0% Hire Rate, 20 Open Jobs

Member Since May 1, 2015

About the Client