🐈 Community
somi_ch

Job invitation is not getting accepted

Hello, I have received a job invitation almost an hour ago and I accepted it. But, even after accepting, the invitation is still there on the Upwork app and browser. I faced the same issue last month and got no response from Upwork support for weeks. As a result, I lost the opportunity to work with that client. Now, I am facing the same issue and I don't want to miss the opportunity this time. Can anybody help me with this issue? Regards, Muhammad Ali

5 REPLIES 5

Muhammad A wrote:

Hello, I have received a job invitation almost an hour ago and I accepted it. But, even after accepting, the invitation is still there on the Upwork app and browser. I faced the same issue last month and got no response from Upwork support for weeks. As a result, I lost the opportunity to work with that client. Now, I am facing the same issue and I don't want to miss the opportunity this time. Can anybody help me with this issue? Regards, Muhammad Ali

Are you able to klick the accept interview button? If you don't hear back from the client, he might have invited many others, and might have hired one of those. Just because you accept the invitation, that does not necessarily lead to a conversation, or a hire/job. 

I am not talking about hearing back from the client. The issue is that the invitation remains unaccepted even after accepting it. I tried multiple times and it shows a successful message each time. But, it is still in the invitations section as an unaccepted invitation.

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please share more information with us so that we can file a detailed report with our support team for further investigation. Is there any error message you are getting once you accept the interview?

Additionally, change your address field to only contains the street address, building number, apartment, and the city info is in its separate field. Let us know if the issue persists after this.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

No, I don't get any error message on accepting the invitation. Rather, I get a confirmation message that shows the invitation has been accepted by me.

Also, I changed my address field and accepted the invitation again but, the problem is still there.

I am attaching some screenshots which shows that the invitation gets accepted successfully but still remains in the Invitation section as an unaccepted invitation.

I would request you to forward this issue to the support staff as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for following up. I'll share your report with our support team and one of our agents will update you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Learning Paths