Job invitations that I cannot respond to

I get job invitations but when I click on the link in  the email to accept or decline I get:

Yikes! This page is kaput.

(Or on vacation. Or just playing hard to get. Go home to get back on track.)

I cannot find them in my messages on my profile, so how do I respond?

10 REPLIES 10
jsutherland

It will be listed in your proposal section.

Should also be listed in your notification "bell"

You should see a link on your job feed page on he right side half way down.

Clear your cache etc and try the message area again.

There are a number of ways to get to it.

I hope this helped.

I tried all those suggestions, even went to another computer where it could not be cached but get the same bad page. I've wasted enough time on it, I will just ignore it.

I'm sorry that didn't help. 

You should consider customer support. Ignoring an invitation from a client will result in not receiving any others if it becomes a pattern and will affect your responsiveness score.

Maybe the issue will resolve in a hour or so. Good luck.

I probably should have been a lettle clearer when I first posted this, what I received was an Invitation to Interview, which is apparently different than an Inventation to Hire, according to customer service.  I called customer service to ask them what to do they said I do not ever need to respond to an Invitation to Interview and it will not affect me in the least but ignoring an Invitation to Hire is different and ignoring that will affect my response rate.

Is that what you were referring to?

I was having the same issue earlier, and then I got a system notification that Upwork was down. So I think they had a blip, but it seems to be working.

I just went back to the email and used the links again, and they worked. Hope this helps.

@Dan S wrote:

I probably should have been a lettle clearer when I first posted this, what I received was an Invitation to Interview, which is apparently different than an Inventation to Hire, according to customer service.  I called customer service to ask them what to do they said I do not ever need to respond to an Invitation to Interview and it will not affect me in the least but ignoring an Invitation to Hire is different and ignoring that will affect my response rate.

Is that what you were referring to?

There are:

Job recommendations - I always click on these emails in case  a response to emails is being tracked.

Invitation to Interview is when a client has sent you an invitation to their job and would like to interview. Always answer those withing 24 hours. They want to talk to you about their job and it WILL affect your responsivness score.

Invitation to Hire - they are offering you the job and you should reply as soon as possible before they move on to someone else. 

I think you might not have been using the correct terminology with CS if they told you that you DO NOT have to reply to an Invitation to Interview. YOU MOST CERTAINLY DO NEED TO REPLY.

They should have emailed you a transcript if you used chat.

I hope this was helpful. It takes time to get all the terminology straight.

I was finally able to reply and declined it, sounds like a scam. They want to order stuff online from outside the country, pay for it, have it sent to my address and then a currier will pick it up. I am sure that if I accepted there would be a "by the way, we will be sending you extra money to pay the currier, please pay him for the pickup out of the money we are sending you".

Does anyone still fall for that scam? Actually I'm the one that invented it many years ago. LOL

By the way, thank you both for your responses, I appreciate them. Upwork is so different than Elance!

Dan S wrote:they said I do not ever need to respond to an Invitation to Interview and it will not affect me in the least

That is absolute nonsense!

It WILL affect your responsiveness score if you do not respond to an invitation to interview within 24 hours.

a2i2i

Here si how I solved:

Look at the location, there are extra words inserted (I don't know why).

Remove "/o/redirect" from the location, and you get the right application page.