🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job is closed on every submitted proposal
Page options
547c8744
Community Member

Job is closed on every submitted proposal

Hi, I'm having this major problem since I started working on Upwork. Whenever I submit my proposal to any job posting, it goes into archives and is marked with "Job is Closed". I know it's not a coincidence since almost 40 submitted proposals of mine were all rejected with the same "Job is Closed" excuse. I don't get my connects back and don't get the job as well. Also my profile does not appear in searches as well. I don't know what's Upwork doing, rejecting all my proposals and making my profile invisible. Kindly help me with this issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Sehrish,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. You can check here or your email for updates.

I agree with Martina on her response here. Since as a freelancer your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.) Please don't hesitate to check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Maybe it's your profile picture, which isn't you. 

ArjayM

Hi Sehrish,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. You can check here or your email for updates.

I agree with Martina on her response here. Since as a freelancer your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.) Please don't hesitate to check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
sspl_rashmi
Community Member

It's been quite some time, hope you already have your answers.
I was looking for the meaning of "Job is Closed" today, found something that I share here.

One Mr Preston H, Community Member, on 09Feb2020, explains the meaning.
> It means "Job position has been duly fulfilled".
> And in such a condition, freelancers' connects are used as due, they are not returned, which is a stated business rule.

Alternatively, it could mean...
> it is "disqualified" by UpWork, as it failed its ToS
> connects are due back to freelancer
> UpWork notifies me over an email in such conditions

Hope your concern with "profile" stands resolved as guided by community member Martina P.

Best...
...sspl_rashmi

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members