cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job is not showing as completed even after 5 days!

nifaladam
Ace Contributor
Nifal A Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
1 of 9

Hey,

I recently did a work, I think it was for 5 hours. 

I completed the job, and the contract ended as well. I also got positive rating.

I can see all of these in my "Contracts" tab. 

Its been 5 days. But until now

• the rating is not appearing in my profile.
  • the amount is not appearing in my pending earnings
  • and 5 hours did not update in my profile

Its been 5 days, can someone please look into it?

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 9

Hours don't get recorded if it was a fixed-rate contract, but if your client has ended the contract and left feedback, it is strange that the money is not in pending. Is it showing at all on the "reports" page?

nifaladam
Ace Contributor
3 of 9

It was an hourly job.

I just checked the reports page. It is showing "Work in progres"

The client already ended contract and i got feedback as well. I think someone from the technical team in UpWork must check this out. 

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
4 of 9

The time doesn't go in until tonight and the client has a review period. Even though he already closed the contract, until time goes in and payment is recieved the feedback won't show up on your profile. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
This widget could not be displayed.
5 of 9
This widget could not be displayed.

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
BEST ANSWER
6 of 9

Hi Nifal,

The work week ends Sunday night and your client will be charged Monday. You should then see the funds under your pending tab. Once the money has been paid you will see the feedback and hours listed on your profile.

-Lena

Untitled

View solution in original post

nifaladam
Ace Contributor
7 of 9

Tada, that should be it then. Waiting till Monday, this is my 4th job in UpWork, I am getting the hang of it now 🙂 

cmsjoelriddle
N J Joel R Member Since: Jul 5, 2017
8 of 9

If the client released the funds on Tuesday, on a fixed contract, it would not be charged until next Monday.  That would be a total hold of 11 days.  Is that how upwork does it?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 9

@N J Joel R wrote:

If the client released the funds on Tuesday, on a fixed contract, it would not be charged until next Monday.  That would be a total hold of 11 days.  Is that how upwork does it?

No, fixed rate works differently, because the client was already charged when funding the milestone. It's just the 5 days security period and you can see the date it will release in the left hand column of your Pending tab.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS