Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Job offer from someone claiming to be *big company name here

m_roganovic
Community Leader
Marina R Member Since: Sep 30, 2016
11 of 15

Vladimir, thanks. 

I sent you a personal message about it a few days ago. I understand you are busy and probably receive a lot of those. 

I'll copy and paste it into a ticket. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
12 of 15

Hi Marina,

I'm sorry, I escalated the jobs you shared with me and it's possible I haven't responded following our team's review. Thanks for submitting a ticket, our team will advise you whether this client is legitimate or not.

Untitled
m_roganovic
Community Leader
13 of 15

No problem, and thank you. 

Since there were at least like 5 red flags and an additional 10 orange flags, I am certain they are not a legitimate client, so I blocked them from contacting me again. 

Thanks. 

gerrys
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
14 of 15

The more "personal" the questions, the more "questionable" the client.

Appreciate that "hundreds" of job offers are posted per hour; good and bad.

It's a complete waste of time to "over-think" anything that seems questionable; there's another job around the corner.

m_roganovic
Community Leader
15 of 15

Sure, I see that. 

I like the challenge of figuring it out from a critical thinking, intellectual exercise part of it. 

Also, it's interesting to me that these people, seemingly humans, just like you and I, are going through pretty great lenghts to trick me into something. It's fascinating, wouldn't you agree? 

How does one become that way...? That is more of an existential conversation, but not useless, either way. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS