🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job on wrong account problem
Page options
florydev
Community Member

Job on wrong account problem

So, I have an agency client that we have a little one off work to do for a period of time so I suggested setting up an hourly job and yesterday he sent and I accepted it and then I realized this morning that I forgot to set my default team to the agency...

So now the job is on my freelancer account which is a problem because, I believe, that I now have to pay the fees over again and we have worked our way down to 5%. I don't mind paying Upwork's fees, truly I don't, but I am not sure I see why I would want to pay the heavy end again.

So I contacted support and they told me there is nothing to do but create a new job...but they also said I should just cancel the Freelancer job and their would be no consequence and I wanted too make sure that is true before I go forward with it.  

I am seriously considering taking the cash hit just to not have to explain it to the client.  I also specifically remind my partner to make the default team switch before she accepted the job...and then promptly forgot to do it and she will tease me mercilessly about it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

So now the job is on my freelancer account which is a problem because, I believe, that I now have to pay the fees over again and we have worked our way down to 5%. I don't mind paying Upwork's fees, truly I don't, but I am not sure I see why I would want to pay the heavy end again.

Work half an hour on the new contract, then get the client to re-hire you under the agency. Problem solved. Get the client to close the old job.

They SAY that if the client ends the contract leaving positive private feedback on a nothing paid contract, it won't affect the JSS. 

I would not fully trust that, although I had a client make a mistake with an offer and end the contract, and it did not affect my JSS. I fired 2 clients, one caused a 1% drop, the other didn't.

I'd work half an hour on the existing job and close it, then get rehired.

It's not a horrible conversation to have with the client. Say, you made a mistake, apologize, say please. It costs the client 2 minutes. No biggie.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

Work half an hour on the new contract, then get the client to re-hire you under the agency. Problem solved. Get the client to close the old job.

They SAY that if the client ends the contract leaving positive private feedback on a nothing paid contract, it won't affect the JSS. 

I would not fully trust that, although I had a client make a mistake with an offer and end the contract, and it did not affect my JSS. I fired 2 clients, one caused a 1% drop, the other didn't.

I'd work half an hour on the existing job and close it, then get rehired.

It's not a horrible conversation to have with the client. Say, you made a mistake, apologize, say please. It costs the client 2 minutes. No biggie.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members