🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job post additional questions - now required ...
Page options
shetani
Community Member

Job post additional questions - now required even when invited to a job?

Hi guys,

You know those template questions that can be added to job posts, like "why do you think you're the right fit for this project" and such? IIRC, those weren't required if you got invited to the job - they just wouldn't appear on the proposal page.

Well now they do, and that makes me very sad.

Any chance that can be reverted to how it was, so we don't have to answer those questions when we're invited? Or can we at least have the option to submit without answering? Just wrote a whole proposal to an invite, scrolled down to hit submit, and saw 4 questions... 

From the feed I can at least see the questions immediately and prepare myself, but this just came out of the blue 😞

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ines H wrote:

Hi guys,

You know those template questions that can be added to job posts, like "why do you think you're the right fit for this project" and such? IIRC, those weren't required if you got invited to the job - they just wouldn't appear on the proposal page.

Well now they do, and that makes me very sad.

Any chance that can be reverted to how it was, so we don't have to answer those questions when we're invited? Or can we at least have the option to submit without answering? Just wrote a whole proposal to an invite, scrolled down to hit submit, and saw 4 questions... 

From the feed I can at least see the questions immediately and prepare myself, but this just came out of the blue 😞

It's the client's choice to include them or not, it's not something that upwork has made mandatory. 

I know it's the client's choice to add the questions, but it is in fact Upwork's choice to make them mandatory even when responding to an invite. The way it worked up until recently (not sure how recent that is) is that you only had to submit the cover letter when replying to an invite, even if the client included additional questions.

Maybe that wasn't by design and it got "fixed" now, but in case it was now changed as "an improvement", I'm just humbly asking Upwork to consider reverting this to how it used to be.

lysis10
Community Member

You weren't required to answer questions if you were invited? lol I never knew that. So funny. I used to put n/a or something or just a letter lol. All this time I thought they were required Smiley LOL

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths