🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job poster came on chat, abused and created n...
Page options
anshulmttl
Community Member

Job poster came on chat, abused and created nuisance and left with archived room.

Hello,

A job poster came for chat , asked questions without permission, abused and created nuisance and then left. Now that **edited for Community Guidelines** has archived room so that i cannot message him. What kind of people post jobs on upwork? What should i do to get that **edited for Community Guidelines** out of upwork?

Thanks
Anshul Mittal

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Take screenshots I recommend if it happens agian and report it right away tell one of us to try help the problem

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
a_lipsey
Community Member

Anshul M wrote:

Hello,

A job poster came for chat , asked questions without permission, abused and created nuisance and then left. Now that **bleep** has archived room so that i cannot message him. What kind of people post jobs on upwork? What should i do to get that **bleep** out of upwork?

Thanks
Anshul Mittal

Did he invite you an interview from a proposal you sent? What do you mean he asked questions without permission? What permission does he need to ask questions about your proposal? What nuisance did he create? Can you be a little more specific?

If a client said something inappropriate to you then report them to customer support. 

Take screenshots I recommend if it happens agian and report it right away tell one of us to try help the problem

Hello there!

An upwork plus client sent me a message so I was going to reply him, but there seems no way to reply him.

He just left his skype id and the chatting room is archived.

And also I can't check his job posting.

Let me know what I need to do.

Is it a scam or do I need to wait till he replies again?

Konstantin K wrote:

Hello there!

An upwork plus client sent me a message so I was going to reply him, but there seems no way to reply him.

He just left his skype id and the chatting room is archived.

And also I can't check his job posting.

Let me know what I need to do.

Is it a scam or do I need to wait till he replies again?

Sounds like it was a scam and/or against Upwork ToS. Probably a scam because of the skype thing.

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for flagging this for us. I've checked and it looks like the action has been taken on this client account because it was in violation of Upwork ToS.

Please note that you can use the flag option to flag any message as suspicious or inappropriate even those are direct messages.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

No the party did not ask for an interview but was interested in my projects in company (multinational companied i have worked for as full time employee). Even though his small project does not relate to my railways or aerospace domain and he may never in his lifetime have done railways or aerospace domain project but has courage to ask me.

After seeing my profile he was trying to impersonate me and telling 'I do projects in Railways and aerospace domain' etc etc, you are nothing.

From the situation it looks like person had approached me in jealousy / frustation / anger or bad intentionss.

Thanks

If I apply to job and the prospective client acts like a goofball, I can simply block him. 

I don't have the time or patience to try to figure out his motivations or think about him further.

I know that most Upwork clients are not like that.

Can you please guide on how to block client messaging me? I have only hide option but in 'Hide' they can message again.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anshul, 

I checked your account but I was unable to locate the client you are referring to on your post. You should be able to block a client by clicking on their profile picture in your Messages room, and the option to block another user will be available. 

Block user.png

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members