🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job posting for Client
Page options
gumiran_jennyann
Community Member

Job posting for Client

Hi I am just new here. Can someone help me?I was asked by a client to create an account for them and post a job for them. And now their asking jfor the email and password. Is that pretty normal? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
m_sharman
Community Member

JennyAnne G wrote:

Hi I am just new here. Can someone help me?I was asked by a client to create an account for them and post a job for them. And now their asking jfor the email and password. Is that pretty normal? Thank you

Uh, no - there is nothing normal about that. In order for you to have a client, they should have an existing account in good standing and  job posted for you to apply/be hired for.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
m_sharman
Community Member

JennyAnne G wrote:

Uh, no - there is nothing normal about that. In order for you to have a client, they should have an existing account in good standing and  job posted for you to apply/be hired for.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi JennyAnne,

Did the client ask you to create a new account for them on Upwork? If it was in Messages, you can report the message as well as the original job post as inappropriate. Please, note that there is a secure way for the client to give you permissions to post jobs on their account (please see this article for more information,) but you won't need to share any passwords with them then.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I was first asked to converse with them via google hangouts and was asked
to create an outlook. Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.

gumiran_jennyann
Community Member

Thanks for your feedback. Really appreciate it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members