🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job question
Page options
kubatsson
Community Member

Job question

Hi all. I'm kinda confused about one thing. There is one client that wants me to make empty/new LinkedIn accounts and to provide credentials to him. 

I would like to know is it against the Upwork ToS? Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Adis,

I would like to confirm that this type of work is not allowed and it is in violation of our TOS. Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share the job post URL or the client name with me? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I messaged you Goran, take a look, please.

kinector
Community Member

Regardless of what Upwork ToS says, you should probably first worry about the service in question, LinkedIn. Read their ToS. Is it OK to create fake accounts on LinkedIn? (And if other people do it but it's against their ToS, you should probably NOT do it as being a good and decent person that you are.)

It's like laws, they wary between countries. In Country A, there is a law that prohibits Activity X. In Country B, Activity X is not illegal. Now, you come from Country B to do Activity X in Country A just like when you did things back in your own Country B where it is legal.

Guess what happens? Yep, jail time for you according to the laws of Country A where you committed the crime (if you get caught and convicted that is).

By posing this question, your placing yourself in the moral gray area to say the least. Step into the light, my dear man. 👍

What you should do in practice is:

1. Check LinkedIn ToS

2. If you find your client's request violating LinkedIn ToS, report that client on Upwork (press the Report button, pick a suitable option).

Such a nice answer and advice, thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths