🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job requirements
Page options
n_peltekakis
Community Member

Job requirements

Hi all, OK this is something either I am doing wrong, or Upwork are.

I have lost $540 of work last week because of project requirements not being filled in. 

This year I have lost over $2000 so far because clients did not fill out requirements within 48 hours, which is a ridiculously short period of time.

How is this being allowed to happen? Surely when a client is going through the booking procedure, the requirements should be a mandatory part of that procedure? How are clients missing requirements?

I have raised this in support calls a couple of times, this makes no sense at all, and Upwork is losing money and so am I.

If I am reading this wrong, please tell me, if others are experiencing the same issue please add to this post.

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Nicholas,

Are you saying that you received requests for projects, you started those projects, and either the client or Upwork cancelled the projects and you lost money?

Upwork says they will cancel your project if the client doesn't send you the requirements you asked for within 48 hours. If this happens, the client's payment will be refunded and they can't leave you feedback. This won't impact your JSS.

My question and observations are based on similar posts from other freelancers; my projects are still under review, so I have not experienced this yet.

I do think it's an issue if the requirements can be skipped by the client. In another post, a freelancer is dealing with a client who filled in requirements, but the requirements are completely contrary to what the project is offering.

Hopefully you get a response to your support calls.

prestonhunter
Community Member

This is not an Upwork Customer Support issue.

This is not something that you should be contacting Support about.

Your original post indicates that you lack understanding about how the Upwork user interface works, or that you lack an effective strategy for dealing with these matters.

You SHOULD continue to ask questions here in the Forum so that we can help you.

You may need to explain your concern or situation in more detail. Because right now it isn't clear to me why you think you are losing money.

Regardless of the details, let me assure of this good news: if you are "losing money", it is not Upwork's fault. It is not because of a problem with the Upwork user interface. And it is not the clients fault. It is your fault.

This is good news, because it means YOU HAVE THE POWER. You can change how you do things and this change the outcome in the future,

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members