🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Job search list showing irrelevant jobs?
Page options
softhruf
Community Member

Job search list showing irrelevant jobs?

I am an electronics engineer and firmware developer, but my job search list shows a number of completely unrelated jobs to me regarding fashion and logo design instead of my usual engineering work.

I tried erasing my Chrome cache, removing everything from my search list, and resetting my skills, and I still keep getting irrelevant jobs. Only the "My Feed" tab works correctly.

Is this happening to anyone else? If so, has anyone gotten it to behave properly?

3 REPLIES 3
pradeephele

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try resetting your job feeds by saving your job searches? Here's the help page with detailed steps on how to save your job searches. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
softhruf
Community Member

I just noticed I submitted my post in the wrong tab I had open. I meant to post it in the support forum rather than the freelancer forum.

In any case, thanks for the link. However, that was one of the very first things I tried. If I create a few custom searches it sometimes shows the correct types of jobs, but deleting those custom searches to a "blank slate" for some reason still ends up showing me endless jobs about logos.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. We know how important it is for you to find jobs that are the right fit for you. Please note that when you search for jobs, our algorithm uses client-generated information such as category, desired skills, title, and job description. You may check this help article for more details on that.

Alternatively, trying several search combinations and a variety of filters can help you find the projects you're looking for more quickly. Your search results include a “Filter By” menu on the left. From there, you can follow Pradeep's advice to save your job search so you'll be able to select the search you want to view in the options under Jobs you might like.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths