cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job spam

vrdelta

I don't know if this is the right location but. I just signed in to look for work and I looked in the copywriting section of my saved work and noticed there was like 11 posts of the identical thing except for the last part.  I mean everything was identical. Isn't that considered spamming? And if it is how do I report?

Michael Young
4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Guru

If a client is actually hiring contractors and paying them for legitimate work, I would not call it spam. If the "client" is wasting contractors' time or scamming people or posting jobs without hiring, then it is spam.

It is against Upwork's ToS to post a job mulitiple times. If you have the time, you should report it to CS, and give them the appropriate links.

You can also click on the "apply" button and then the "inappropriate" drop-down menu, and check the entry for "spamming."

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

Please share the links with Customer Support so our team can review. If they are posted by the same client they will be removed as a ToS violation. Note that some clients don't put enough effort into customizing their job posts and as a result the jobs end up coming across as spam.

Untitled

Keep in mind that the original poster specifically stated that each job posted by this client was different.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS