cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job success as a newbie

Highlighted
Steve O Member Since: Jul 8, 2016
1 of 3

Hi all, is it jsut me or there is some else out there. I am failing to get the jobs that I bid for despite following all the profile , overview, taking test stuff, including displaying my protfolios. Why cant a client just hire me becasue I have the knowledge and experince indicated on my profile and overview. Will I really get work in this platform someday. Anyone with experince to view my profile and guide me further, I would like to start writing, which is something am passionate about. Thanks all. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 3

Your experience is with essay mills. Even if I did write for those places, I would never put them on my profile.

You have some small clues in your writing that indicate you're not a native. This probably comes out in your proposals and messaging.

Also, you have no real focus. You write about anything. This is going to keep you in the section of Upwork that is filled with farmers, scammers and people with no cash moneys. This section is competitive because everyone and their mother is bidding in that area with no real distinguishable differences.

Highlighted
Steve O Member Since: Jul 8, 2016
3 of 3

I have made the adjustments, I hope I land my first job with this.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS