cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job success issues

Lucas G Member Since: Feb 4, 2019
1 of 3

Hi, my name is Lucas and my job success has me confused. I went from 100% job success to 79% in a few hours but my feedbacks are great, all 5 stars. What may have happened? 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 3

Lucas G wrote:

Hi, my name is Lucas and my job success has me confused. I went from 100% job success to 79% in a few hours but my feedbacks are great, all 5 stars. What may have happened? 

The stars are almost meaningless. Most clients give 5 stars by default because they can't be asked to deal with furious freelancers arguing they should have had 5 stars.

You had some not so perfect private feedback which knocked your JSS down, and with so few completed contracts every single one counts very heavily.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 3

While I wouldn't go so far as to say stars are meaningless, for better or worse, private feedback, which is called "Clients who would recommend you" in your My Stats page, outweighs the stars and it's generally understood that any score below 9 on the question "How likely are you to recommend this freelancer to a friend or colleague" lowers JSS. So going forward, underpromise and over deliver on all your projects and may the JSS gods smile upon you.