Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job success score goes down

Highlighted
Monish V Member Since: Dec 9, 2016
1 of 14

Hello everyone,

I am Monish H. Vyas, a freelancer on upwork. I had my job success score of a 100% in last 4 months and I just qualified for the "Top Rated" badge. But I got to live it only for few days as my JSS went down to 89% suddenly. I remember that in past few days I do not have any negative reviews. What could be the possible reason?

I have a big contract with a client under which I work with him. I also have a few long term contract for which I don't get paid in milestones because I have agreed to recieve all the amount at the end of the contract. Is this hurting my JSS? Because I had no activity on upwork for April and May but will have a lot of activity now as many of those contracts will end.

Does it mean being passive in upwork even if a contract is created and work is ongoing, hurts the JSS?

Thanks all in advance

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 14

Hi Monish,

Note that your Job Success Score calculation includes contracts you've had in the past two years, with the best score out of three windows being displayed on your profile. Being inactive is not a factor that affects your score but even if you have no recent work completed, your score can change if good or poor outcomes fall out of your best score window, or if jobs started months ago mature to become long-term relationships or remain with no earnings and no feedback for multiple months.

Highlighted
Monish V Member Since: Dec 9, 2016
3 of 14

Thanks @Vladimir G I forgot to take in account the performance of pas 24 months. I know that upwork takes screenshots of past 6, 12 and 24 months and the best score outof these 3 is reflected in my profile. 

But does this mean that I have to wait another 6 months to make this score better? Because I will have more than two contract ends in next few days and I am confident of them being 100% positive. Will it add to my JSS instantly or I will have to wait 6 months from now.

Highlighted
4 of 14

Hi Monish,

Completing new contracts successfully will improve the score in all three windows in "real time" since the score is updated every two weeks, and you should see the gradual improvement soon after receiving feedback from your clients.

Highlighted
Md. Asaduzzaman T Member Since: Jul 29, 2016
5 of 14

Hi Vladimir G,

My JSS goes down 93% to  88%. cannot understand that why its happening. I got a couple of offer and delivered successfully. Also received good ratings and feedback. now it's going down day by day. can you help me out of this? how can I get back to top rated in two weeks? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 14

@Md. Asaduzzaman T wrote:

My JSS goes down 93% to  88%. cannot understand that why its happening.

private feedback - on your screenshot yours shows as 84% so you're doing fine with a 88% JSS.

Highlighted
Md. Asaduzzaman T Member Since: Jul 29, 2016
7 of 14

can I see that private feedback?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 14

@Md. Asaduzzaman T wrote:

can I see that private feedback?

No, that is why it is called "private.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sheila Mae M Member Since: Feb 4, 2017
9 of 14

Same goes for me i am top rated before and have a  JSS of 100% and it goes down to 86 just this week and when i saw that it my JSS is 86 in the last updated date i ended four of my contracts even some of those have milestone left and  they're not quiete old to effect my JSS score.I can't understand how it happens to think of that some of my contracts have income.

"Note :  i ended four of my contracts after i saw that my JSS become 86% from 100%"

Highlighted
10 of 14

Hi Sheila,

Please note that contracts ended with no money paid or on which a full refund was issued are also included in your score's calculation. Also, having open contracts without any activity will start to negatively affect a freelancer's score after a certain time frame. Lastly, a couple of contracts without feedback won't have any affect but a pattern of no-feedback contracts will. Please make sure to ask your clients to end the contract once you deliver final work, in case they don't have additional tasks for you.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS