🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Job success score or "Rising talent"
Page options
stalkleaper
Community Member

Job success score or "Rising talent"

Hello. I have a question regarding the account status and job success score display.

**Edited for community guidelines**
This freelancer has 2 jobs from 2 clients, 100$ earned, and she's a "rising talent", no other jobs done ever since.
I have 12(!) 5-star jobs from 2 clients, over 2k$ earned - and i don't have any labels. For half a year i am struggling with getting even the simplest contracts. I think my proposals and my profile deserve to finally stand out. If not with a 100% job success score, which i should be allowed to have displayed already, then at least with a "rising talent" badge. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
goriyaz
Community Member

Hi,

You need more clients to have a JSS. For the rising talent badge, I dunno how it works, I never got one. My JSS appeared after 6 weeks of works but I don't remember after how much contracts exactly. 6 or 7 jobs, with different clients, I think.

What the documentation says about it:

I don't have a Job Success Score yet. When will I get one?

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
goriyaz
Community Member

Hi,

You need more clients to have a JSS. For the rising talent badge, I dunno how it works, I never got one. My JSS appeared after 6 weeks of works but I don't remember after how much contracts exactly. 6 or 7 jobs, with different clients, I think.

What the documentation says about it:

I don't have a Job Success Score yet. When will I get one?

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period.

I want to edit podcasts, it's a very simple process and i know exactly how to do it, but everyone wants to work with a guy who's already done some podcasts. And i have nothing to show for it, since none of my proposals to podcast jobs get through.
It's very frustrating to have tons of experience in some serious audio editing and not being able to get the easiest jobs on upwork because no one even looks at your profile and real experience. And not having anything to make me stand out after half a year of working and sending proposals is really starting to get to me, especially with 20% of my earnings i give for this "service".

Anyway, thanks for the response, maybe i'll get my 3rd client some day...
Should I contact the support about that rising talent badge? Might help to have it, i dunno 😃

Anton A wrote:

Should I contact the support about that rising talent badge? Might help to have it, i dunno 😃

No, they can't award it. If you were eigible, you'd have it, it is all entirely automated.

But how come one freelancer has it and one with better statistics doesn’t?
Automatic pretty face recognition?)
saydur1
Community Member

Hello Petra,

Which one is first to get a freelancer Rising Talent Badge or JSS?

Hi Saydur,

You may acquire a Job Success Score without going through the Rising Talent program. In addition, you can also earn the Rising Talent badge without having a Job Success Score, it will totally depend on which criteria you meet first.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Anton A wrote:

I have 12(!) 5-star jobs from 2 clients, over 2k$ earned - and i don't have any labels.

You need completed contracts from at least 3 different clients for a JSS

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths