🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Job success score
Page options
soliman_youssef
Community Member

Job success score

Hi,

My account is active and I have closed around 14 contracts until now. 100% of my closed contracts have a 5-star rating. Why did my job success score drop from 100% to 94%? I have 2 jobs in progress with clients that haven't assigned me any work for a long time. Are these 2 contracts are the cause of that?

If I close them, will my job success score return to 100%?

I think it is unfair to have it dropped to 94% with no bad feedback.

12 REPLIES 12
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

The feedback that counts is the private fb which may not match the public fb. You can find reams--reams and reams and reams--of discussion in this forum about the vagaries of the JSS system.

In other news, it looks like you have taken several jobs to write academic assignments and/or exams. That is academic fraud. Stop doing that.

I HAVEN'T taken any position as you described. PLEASE WATCH YOUR WORDS!

"Exam Section B" - maybe the prof hired you to write the questions in a section of an exam or maybe a student hired you to write the answers

It's been a while since I was in school but this looks like an exam to me:
https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01dec1adac3fb2bff6

There's another one with the same title which has been made 'private'.

Phyllis G wrote:

"Exam Section B" - maybe the prof hired you to write the questions in a section of an exam or maybe a student hired you to write the answers

It's been a while since I was in school but this looks like an exam to me:
https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01dec1adac3fb2bff6

There's another one with the same title which has been made 'private'.

The OP appears to have more than one job that is committing academic fraud. 

If you spend a little bit of time you will find that this client has originally hired me for writing articles for him... this is one my long-term clients.

The job name is Exam section B because I was actually working with him creating an exam! Not solving one! Look at the client stats .. he is not a student.

If you carefully go through my previous jobs u will find that I worked as mcq writer for USMLE exam for MANY clients. I create .. not solve

Please... just to don't get to things that are not ur business. And give yourself a little bit to think before just judging others!

Youssef S wrote:
If you spend a little bit of time you will find that this client has originally hired me for writing articles for him... this is one my long-term clients.

The job name is Exam section B because I was actually working with him creating an exam! Not solving one! Look at the client stats .. he is not a student.

If you carefully go through my previous jobs u will find that I worked as mcq writer for USMLE exam for MANY clients. I create .. not solve

Please... just to don't get to things that are not ur business. And give yourself a little bit to think before just judging others!

When I saw Exam Part B I assumed you were helping the professor write the questions. But then I saw the two Biology tests. The one I can see says "deadline in three days, taking the first bid" or something of the kind. Sorry, that has all the earmarks of a student hiring someone to write his answers. If I've falsely accused you, I apologize. If, in fact, you have accepted money from a student in exchange for writing their exam answers, then shame on you. And again, stop doing that.

You have falsely accused me. I help in writing questions and my I clearly mention in my profile that I help in writing medical USMLE questions.

Regarding the job * biology questions *, it was a client who needed someone to review & correct answers. He hired me again for other purpose but on the same job. Why u don't look at the client stats? He is not a student please check it now and tell me what did u find.

Why u don't look at other jobs like * MCQ editor composer* or* USMLE medical questions * where u find clients clearly asking for someone to help them create questions for exams instead of looking at private jobs and hypothesing that these were fraud jobs.

You are saying really serious things. Please take enough time instead of just writing your biased ideas! Be careful of what u write. This is completely unacceptable!

Thanks!
petra_r
Community Member

Youssef S wrote:

My account is active and I have closed around 14 contracts until now. 100% of my closed contracts have a 5-star rating. Why did my job success score drop from 100% to 94%?.

Stars and public feedback don't mean much for the JSS. Private feedback is what counts, and it looks like you had less than perfect private feedback in the last two weeks, hence the drop of your JSS.

Is there anyway to know whick client gave me that negative feedback?

Let's say I knew which one, is it possible that he can remove that feedback? (Upwork allows that?)

Is there any method to fix that? Considering that I am top-rated

Youssef S wrote:
Is there anyway to know whick client gave me that negative feedback?

It's called "private" for a reason but most people DO know (if they are really honest with themselves) which contract didn't end quite as happily as it could have done.

Youssef S wrote:
Let's say I knew which one, is it possible that he can remove that feedback? (Upwork allows that?)

It's the private feedback that affect your JSS and that can't be changed. This system became neccessary because unprofessional freelancers push  clients to change their feedback if it wasn't 5 star, which resulted in clients leaving 5 star public feedback for everyone by default unless the freelancer literally killed the project. That's also the reason why the average star rating is 4.99... It's meaningless.

Youssef S wrote:
Is there any method to fix that? Considering that I am top-rated

If you know which contract did it, you can use your top rated feedback removal perk to have the contract excluded from your JSS calculation. (Provided you haven't used it in the last 3 months and 10 contracts). 

Thank you, Petra for your help.

Youssef S wrote:

When I asked him why he left private negative feedback,

Wow! How unbelievably unprofessional. If I had been the client I'd have reported you for that immediately. Incredibly inappropriate behaviour. 

You actually contacted an ex client to question them about their private feedbck? Do you understand what "private" means? As in "Between Upwork and the client"...

Why would you have asked the client why they left poor private feedback before your JSS even changed? How would you even know what private feedback the client left?

The contract that made your feedback drop ended between the 7th and yesterday. So that makes 3 of them. Do not, whatever you do, contact any more clients to question them about the private feedback they left. That really is entirely unacceptable behaviour.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths