🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job success score.
Page options
karnelvisual
Community Member

Job success score.

Upwork job success score calculation is really disappointing.First of all if the client leave a contract open or a freelancer ended the contract it results in low job success score.why should a freelancer suffer because of irresponsive client.Upwork should have take care of it.In the upwork job success score points its clearly mentioned that open contract or job without feedback won't effect much.But in real case it hampers a lot lowers the job success score a lot.Upwork should change their JSS calculation method.I really felt unfair about JSS calculation and i already faced it.Thats why i'm mentioning this issue.If someone from upwork can explain me properly or if i mentioned some wrong point please correct my point and if someone can explain me the JSS,i will be glad.Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Karnel D wrote:
Upwork job success score calculation is really disappointing.First of all if the client leave a contract open or a freelancer ended the contract it results in low job success score.

It doesn't provided you were paid something and don't have an insanely high percentage of such contracts.

Karnel D wrote:
someone can explain me the JSS,i will be glad.Two things hurt the JSS:

There are mostly just two things that hurt the JSS:

1 - Poor private feedback

2 - Contracts with nothing ever paid

diobrln
Community Member

Dear Petra,

I am sorry to intervene to the discussion but to every post for an unfair JSS that I researched, since I also have a problem with it, you seem to support the so called "private feedback" and you do not question it as a tremendously harming tool for freelancers.  Every company I worked with, every private client I have in my freelancing carreer has always given me direct and honest feedback for my work. This is how I know what to do to perform better at my job. A private feedback is a dangerous tool and it only gives our clients one more weapon in their arsenal of misbehaviour. That would be a great safety feature for them... if we, the freelancers were not clients too. Seems like Upwork forgets that we also pay a 20 - 10 - 5% of each job and we need some kind of protection against bad clients. We are not tools, we are also clients. Private feedback is one of the most sneaky ways to give feedback. It leaves so much space for harmful and poor reviews from spoiled clients and all of us without any protection against it.

As for me: I come from Elance as a top rated designer with a perfect score and as a long time Elance user. I had to rank up again with the merging of Elance. I maintained since the beginning in Upwork a perfect 100% satisfaction because I always treat each project like it was a billion dollar contract. That's my attitude to my work. During ONLY the last 1-2 months and the implementation of new rules my rating to drop to 92%. My long lasting years of maintaining a perfect 100%, even with a few "bad apples" as clients, can easily let me assume that there is definitely something wrong with the JSS calculcation and it needs to be addressed quick. I am not sure what it is but there is something wrong. That, or I suddenly and without my knowledge decided to mess on my long years of perfect ratings, reviews and carreer. Since I strongly stand behind my work and services I think that the clients are getting "ethically cheaper" and they are giving "below the belt hittings" with the blessings of Upwork. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths