Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job success

zentoz
Jevgeni M Member Since: May 19, 2017
1 of 14

Hi,

I got a question about job suddess ratio.

I have 14 jobs in total, 11 accomplished jobs.

1 job I refunded, because the client was awful.

So it`s like in the past I had 11+1 = 12 jobs.

But now after that refund my Job Success became 85%!

How is this possible?

53cb9c7a
Carlos S Member Since: Sep 6, 2017
2 of 14

Hi Jevgeni

I'm not sure the specifics of your case, but there are definitely situations where the "generic" JobScore rules dont apply for it, I have been severely hit in the past months due to unclear and unfair JobScores calculations. Take my post as an example https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/JobScore-Calculation-issues-causing-big-issues-to-freela...

Best Regards

iamchunchunchun
Community Guru
Hiu Chun L Member Since: Jul 27, 2017
3 of 14

The job you refunded will still be counted in the Job Success Score.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 14

Hi Jevgeni, 

Please know that while refunds do not directly affect your Job Success Score, contracts where the money was refunded (even fully) can contribute positively to JSS as long as the freelancer and client resolved any issues and ended the contract on good terms and with good feedback.

Job Success Scores are based on both private, and public feedbacks, repeat contracts, and long-term relationships with your clients, and a pattern of closed contracts with no feedback, and a pattern of idle contracts. 

It’s important to note any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time. Because we look at trends over a 24-month period, you can see your score change, even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of the 24-month window.

You may read more about the Job Success Score calculation here

~ Avery
Upwork
zentoz
Jevgeni M Member Since: May 19, 2017
5 of 14

Seams to me this JSS is something completely unfair and wrong.

I had 11 successful contracts, 8 happy clients, great feedbacks and returning clients. Value over 6k$.

Had to make a 130$ refund not because of my fault, just bacuse client ordered a small script and then wanted me to do him a full site. And I just didn`t want a dispute because of 130$, was easier to just forget it and move forward.

With this I lost:

Top rated

Rising Talent

And JSS is 85% (which I don`t understand how calculated).

P.S. It`s very hard now to get good clients, working now only with returning. Have no words about this...

shibbirfaruki
Ace Contributor
MD. SHIBBIR A Member Since: May 22, 2017
6 of 14

Its a hourly contract. My client went went to a break or any business tour and told me he will be back on couple of days & paused the contract. Its now more than a month but my client did not answer me back till now.

Do i wait wait for him or close the contract. If i don't close the contract, will this pasued hourly contract make any effect on my my next job success score?... Waiting for help!!!!

sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
7 of 14
Send them an email, ideally to his/her official business email address. Wait for a week and then close the job.
Idle jobs can affect your jss, as well as jobs without payments or without feedback.
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
8 of 14

I had an idle contract for about three months. As far as I can tell, it had no effect on my score.

My client kept saying he would send more work but never did.  I asked him twice, very politely, to close the contract but he didn't do that, either.

So I did. I messaged the client a final time to tell him that if I hadn't heard from him in one week, I would close the contract myself, but that if he needed me in the future, I'd happily consider a new one. Then I chose 'job completed successfully' as the reason for closing the contract and ended it.  This was over a month ago and my JSS hasn't changed at all.

I just thought I'd chime in because I was very worried about this myself, and it does seem to be true that if you don't have a pattern of idle contracts or contracts without feedback that it doesn't affect your JSS. 

The only difference is that my client never paused our contract. I don't know if that matters, though.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 14

idle contracts and contracts which end without anything having been paid (yet) and contracts that close without feedback affect the JSS only if there is a pattern or a significate percentage of them.

Obviously 2 out of 10 contracts represents a more significant proportion than 2 out of 80.....

thetody94
Stefan T Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
10 of 14
Hello,
I've read here that jobs who are not closed by clients can have influence on JSS. I don't have JSS yet, I have done successfuly 3 jobs and I have one open hourly job with the same client that I worked previously. I have no earnings on this job about month and a half.
My question are:
Will this job affect on my JSS?
Is it better to ask client to end this contract or wait to start earning again, because we are courently have discussion for a new job?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS