🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job withdrawal by Upwork (After Verification)
Page options
goksenp
Community Member

Job withdrawal by Upwork (After Verification)

Hello,

I wanted to get verification badge from the Upwork but when I completed all the steps and got my badge. all my jobs proposals and interview were withdrawn by Upwork. I was interviewing with one of them. 

How can I solve the issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Goksen and Maria,

We’re rolling the badge out as a requirement to all freelancers. When a freelancer is required to complete the process, they are notified and asked to complete the verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and meeting with us for a short video call within 7 days.

If they fail to complete the process within 7 days, their account is placed on hold. They will be able to continue working on their active contracts while their account is on hold, but they won't be able to withdraw their funds and their active proposals will be cancelled. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Goksen,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the answer. Is there any way to get my proposals back? Because I cant apply again.

Hi Goran,

This..., then, even if you do the identification voluntarily (a pop up appears to me saying that I can do it), the proposals and ongoing interviews disappear? Is this correct?
I thought that this blockade was only carried out when the identification was required from Upwork (and it seems bad enough to do so)
The proposals are lost? And what about the spent connets (now you have to pay for them)?

Goksen and Maria,

We’re rolling the badge out as a requirement to all freelancers. When a freelancer is required to complete the process, they are notified and asked to complete the verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and meeting with us for a short video call within 7 days.

If they fail to complete the process within 7 days, their account is placed on hold. They will be able to continue working on their active contracts while their account is on hold, but they won't be able to withdraw their funds and their active proposals will be cancelled. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for the information.
Sorry to insist, but I want to be clear.
If Upwork requires identification, NO action will be taken on the account until 7 days have passed, correct?
Those 7 days, are they business days or current?

And, if I decide to make the badge identification without being required by Upwork, will any action be taken on the account while it is being made?

I'm sorry to be heavy, but ...

Correct, Maria. If the freelancer is required to get an ID verified badge, they will have 7 days to complete the process before any holds are placed on their account.

Some freelancers have an option to complete the verification but aren't required yet. Note, however, that we’ll be requiring every earning freelancer on Upwork to verify their identity to get the badge. It's being rolled out in a phased approach. So if you already have the option to be verified, you don’t have to wait to complete the verification.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members