Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** Job

saffinj
Jillian S Member Since: Jul 20, 2016
1 of 4

Hello Upwork community,

I was offered a more stable position by this company called **Edited for Community Guidelines** that advertised needed work on Upwork. I have reviewed the site, and I suppose it all looks legitimate, but I cannot find much information about them on the internet. No reviews, comments, anything but a small stat report.

Has anyone worked with this company before?

And does Upwork protect freelancers that get in touch with companies through Upwork?

gnakeur
Community Guru
Giorgi N Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
2 of 4

1. Make sure you do everything through upwork
2. Make sure they have verified payment method
3. Make sure you have active contract with them(visit My Jobs tab)

4. Make sure milestones are funded before submitting your work(visit My Jobs and click on the job)
5. Make sure you are not receiving any payments outside upwork(like emoney, paypal etc)
6. Make sure you are not giving any penny for getting the job
7. Make sure you are not receiving any checks from them

Follow these rules and everything will be fine. Read the help section of upwork.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 4

Hi Jillian,

I've checked and can confirm the job and the client you are referring to has been removed from the platform for violating our ToS. Going forward, make sure not to start working unless you have an active contract on Upwork, use Upwork Protection Programs, only accept to get paid through the platform and never pay in order to bid or be able to work on a job. 

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread and our Trust & Safety FAQ. You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Help Center and our Freelancer Guide.

Untitled
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

Jillian, you can't ask about clients or companies by name here.

Names are irrelevant.

It does not matter if a client or company has any kind of web presence.

Do not Google client names or company names.

What matters is a client's behavior and the information about it in Upwork. That is what successful contractors pay attention to, not a client's name.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS