🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job
Page options
fariha8353
Community Member

Job

Sir, I have submitted many proposals for data entry job. But till now I do not get any response from clients. Is there any problem with my profile? How can I get response from clients?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
louisaj
Community Member

Hi Fariha,

I had a look at your profile. Three things stood out for me.

1/ The mention of being a student and a beginner. It lacks confidence and experience. Why would a big client hire you over a seasoned professional? I'd suggest taking those words out.

2/ The bio is very long. The search engine will only show the first line so make that count. As for listing all your skills, use the tags instead to cut down on that. 

3/ Maybe focus on one skill for now, such as Excel sheets or data scrapping or another skill? 

Regards,

Louisa 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
louisaj
Community Member

Hi Fariha,

I had a look at your profile. Three things stood out for me.

1/ The mention of being a student and a beginner. It lacks confidence and experience. Why would a big client hire you over a seasoned professional? I'd suggest taking those words out.

2/ The bio is very long. The search engine will only show the first line so make that count. As for listing all your skills, use the tags instead to cut down on that. 

3/ Maybe focus on one skill for now, such as Excel sheets or data scrapping or another skill? 

Regards,

Louisa 

Thanks a lot for such a helpful answer ma'am. Can you please tell me when the connects will be renewed for submitting proposals. As a new member, I don't have any balance and so I cannot buy additional connects. I have finished all the connects today. What is the solution then?

Fariha F wrote:
Thanks a lot for such a helpful answer ma'am. Can you please tell me when the connects will be renewed for submitting proposals.

They won't, you have to buy them now.

I don't have any balance to buy. What can I do now? I'm helpless.

re: "I don't have any balance to buy. What can I do now? I'm helpless."

You are not helpless.

You can simply stop using Upwork and focus your efforts in your local economy. Upwork is about lifestyle, not about earning money.

So if you're just here for money, you are here for the wrong reason.

If you are serious about using Upwork, then you will do what it takes to pay for connects. Because connects are no longer free.

As a practical matter: You are offering your services in the data entry field. But Upwork clients have NOT been complaining that they can not find enough data entry workers. So if you really want to focus your efforts:

a) in an area that has a good chance to be profitable for you

b) in a way that is actually needed

...Then offering data entry services on Upwork is the wrong way to go. You could focus your job-seeking efforts in your local NON-ONLINE economy, or you could focus your Upwork efforts in areas where there is actually demand. Which may mean spending time learning new skills and developing a portfolio.

Preston H wrote:

Upwork is about lifestyle, not about earning money.

Since when? I'm sure most of us are here because we want clients so we can earn money. Why else would I be on UpWork other than to find high quality clients and earn money? I'd love to know why you think any of us would be here except to work and earn money. 

re: "Since when? I'm sure most of us are here because we want clients so we can earn money. Why else would I be on UpWork other than to find high quality clients and earn money? I'd love to know why you think any of us would be here except to work and earn money."

I do not doubt that there are many people working here primarily for the money.

But for most Upwork freelancers, that is not the primary reason they are working via Upwork.

Because most Upwork freelancers are able to earn MORE MONEY doing something else, in their local economy.

But they like the idea of being able to work from home, or from their own computer wherever it is, and they like the idea of freelancing... essentially being their own boss, etc.

If they just want money, then they could go get a job in a waste treatment plant or as a roofer's assistant or something and earn more money.

So the "lifestyle" aspect of working on Upwork is incredibly important. That does not apply to "all" Upwork freelancers. Just "most" Upwork freelancers.

Preston H wrote:

re: "Since when? I'm sure most of us are here because we want clients so we can earn money. Why else would I be on UpWork other than to find high quality clients and earn money? I'd love to know why you think any of us would be here except to work and earn money."

I do not doubt that there are many people working here primarily for the money.

But for most Upwork freelancers, that is not the primary reason they are working via Upwork.

Because most Upwork freelancers are able to earn MORE MONEY doing something else, in their local economy.

But they like the idea of being able to work from home, or from their own computer wherever it is, and they like the idea of freelancing... essentially being their own boss, etc.

If they just want money, then they could go get a job in a waste treatment plant or as a roofer's assistant or something and earn more money.

So the "lifestyle" aspect of working on Upwork is incredibly important. That does not apply to "all" Upwork freelancers. Just "most" Upwork freelancers.

That's the most absurd assertion I've heard in a long, long time. Show us your data, or be quiet.

Preston, I assure you that the remaining freelancers on this platform are only in it for the money.

Does it afford us the lifestyle you speak of? Yes, in various and special ways it does.

However, that is the bonus.

Robert James R wrote:
Preston, I assure you that the remaining freelancers on this platform are only in it for the money.

Does it afford us the lifestyle you speak of? Yes, in various and special ways it does.

However, that is the bonus.

Indeed. Besides its having given me a career—rather than a job—for the first time in my life, income from present and former Upwork clients allows me such luxuries as groceries, car insurance and fuel, taxes, prescriptions, and the occasional night out for dinner and a movie. This "lifestyle" is definitely preferable to the alternative. However, that is not the word I would choose to describe its value to me.

Preston H wrote:

I'm here for the wrong reason. Works for me.

Carefully note the phrase "working just for the money."

That is different than "working for the money."

If you can earn MORE money doing something else, but you choose to earn less money doing something that you like... Then you are not working on Upwork "just for the money." You are working on Upwork for the money AND for other reasons.

I think if its a life style but also its a good way for making good money and its open for both who like it as a life style and who like to make money

Preston H wrote:

Carefully note the phrase "working just for the money."

That is different than "working for the money."

If you can earn MORE money doing something else, but you choose to earn less money doing something that you like... Then you are not working on Upwork "just for the money." You are working on Upwork for the money AND for other reasons.

Do you really think "most" freelancers on here could make more money doing something else? I make three times my "employed" salary as a freelancer (clients both on and off UpWork). I disagree that it's a lifestyle choice to be on UpWork. Consulting is a career choice. Like any job, it will affect lifestyle, but it doesn't affect lifeystyle any more to be on UpWork. Also, it's FREELANCING that is the job choice, not UpWork. UpWork is just a tool. 

re: "Do you really think 'most' freelancers on here could make more money doing something else?"

Oh my goodness, yes.

The overwhelming majority of people who have a freelancing account on Upwork have never earned ANY MONEY AT ALL.

And yet, they have not yet died of starvation. So they are getting money or food from somewhere.

I do not doubt that YOU can earn more money working on Upwork than doing other things.

But most freelancers can NOT.

Preston H wrote:

re: "Do you really think 'most' freelancers on here could make more money doing something else?"

Oh my goodness, yes.

The overwhelming majority of people who have a freelancing account on Upwork have never earned ANY MONEY AT ALL.

And yet, they have not yet died of starvation. So they are getting money or food from somewhere.

I do not doubt that YOU can earn more money working on Upwork than doing other things.

But most freelancers can NOT.

We'll just have to disagree on this one, lol. Not about me earning more, but about people choosing freelancing as a lifestyle choice. I think that's oversimplifying it. I chose freelancing because I'm disabled. It's not a lifestyle choice, but a medical one. I know many disabled people who also freelance, making great money, because it's the only work they really can do. If people are not making money on UpWork, I don't think it's safe to assume that they are making money freelancing. I think a lot of those people bailed bc they aren't good at freelancing. They make less money going back to 9-5 jobs, but have job security and don't have to worry about drumming up business. Of course, I admit that is also an assumption on my end. 

Preston H wrote:

. Upwork is about lifestyle, not about earning money.

FREELANCING is about lifestyle. Well, for the fortunate among us. For some, it's a matter of survival.

Upwork, though...Upwork is just one of many tools a freelancer can use. My lifestyle is exactly the same as it was before I stumbled on Upwork a couple of years ago, but Upwork allows me to make more money doing the same thing I was doing anyway because it takes virtually no time to identify and connect with clients. 

Amanda said: "...it's FREELANCING that is the job choice, not UpWork. UpWork is just a tool."
Tiffany said: "FREELANCING is about lifestyle... Upwork is just one of many tools a freelancer can use..."

You both make an excellent point... about Upwork being a TOOL to use for freelancing, while classifying freelancing online as a job choice with lifestyle ramifications.

Fariha F wrote:

I don't have any balance to buy. What can I do now? I'm helpless.

You don't have to have a balance in an Upwork account in order to buy connects. You have to buy them with your own money using PayPal, a credit card or wire transfer. If you don't have any of your own money to buy connects then you won't be able to work on this site. 

As for data entry jobs, there are Hundreds of freelancers applying for these jobs. You offer no special skills that will set you apart from all those hundreds of other freelancers. Unless you have something that will convince a client to hire you instead of someone else, you are going to have a very hard time competing with all those other freelancers.

2f42c26c
Community Member

I try too hard but I fail I submitted a lot of proposals as a writer and no one responded what do I do and I need money

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths