Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs already filled still linger on "Find work" tab

kaplar
Ace Contributor
Marko A Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
1 of 5

http://prntscr.com/9oqqt0

Now, i have come across this couple of times so far. I dont have a clue what this "Hires:1" means, altough couple of times after seing it, I clicked on the history of a client and saw that Job Posting is already in the current work, WHILE the job is still posted out!

Anybody cares enough to shad some light on this?

Thanks,

Marko

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 5

@Marko A wrote:

http://prntscr.com/9oqqt0

Now, i have come across this couple of times so far. I dont have a clue what this "Hires:1" means, altough couple of times after seing it, I clicked on the history of a client and saw that Job Posting is already in the current work, WHILE the job is still posted out!

Anybody cares enough to shad some light on this?

Thanks,

Marko

It is self explanatory.

13 People Applied

1 Was Hired

If it is still there the client may be considering hiring more people or they simply did not close the job posting after hiring. 

kaplar
Ace Contributor
3 of 5

Okay, thanks for answering. If they didnt close the job and have already hired someone, why isnt it closed automatically AFTER they hired someone, instead of getting us wasting the connects?

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 5

@Marko A wrote:

Okay, thanks for answering. If they didnt close the job and have already hired someone, why isnt it closed automatically AFTER they hired someone, instead of getting us wasting the connects?

As I explained above, they may want to hire others so they would leave the job open or they simply missed the box to close the job after hiring.

No one would apply to a job where is specifically says someone has been hired.!!!!! 

kaplar
Ace Contributor
5 of 5

"No one would apply to a job where is specifically says someone has been hired.!!!!! "

You are saying this as it is logical that people will and should applied to already filled places.

Ofcourse I wouldnt apply to a job where someone else is working already and already getting payed!
Why isnt there any protection method towards freelancers such as:

Predefined number of hired people before job posting-->meet quota-->close the job posting OR didnt meet the quota-->keep job posting.

Simple as that. (and logical as that)

Marko

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS