🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Jobs are left open for weeks even with no...
Page options
eid-mohammed
Community Member

Jobs are left open for weeks even with no activity on it at all

Why are there so many jobs even if someone was hired the job is still open knowing that MOST of the time these jobs are short term from 10 to 20 dollars budget that in my experience can be done maximum of 2 to 3 hours of work and even after hiring someone to do the job it is still kept open after weeks of the hiring also some other jobs that the client just doesn't pick anyone to do it, and days and even weeks pass and the job is still open, why upwork leaves it open while there's not a single activity on it! I sometimes feel like I waste some connects of mine on useless jobs that should be closed for taking so long with no activity and all it's connects to be given back to every freelancer that applied for it, why the website simply waits for the clients with unlimited time to close the job himself does upwork really benefit of our losses? Are we beginner freelancers here to waste some dollars every month.
5 REPLIES 5
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Hey!

All hope not lost yet!

The client could hire you months after you apply.

This stuff reportedly happened to quite a good number of freelancers.

Oh thank you, Yes indeed no hope lost at all, I'm just mainly speaking.
browersr
Community Member

From the client side they "may" come back to it later or want to leave it open until they see how their current freelancer is doing. A good majority though won't hire anyone and won't close their job. Why does UW leave it open? If they don't, they would have to refund the the connects to the freelancer. By forcing the client to have to close posting, and knowing a very healthy number won't, UW doesn't have to refund those connects. That's it in a nutshell. 

So if I'm signed in as a client and wanted to **bleep**post anything for kicks and not having it removed unless I decide this is the perfect platform for it,...I think upwork owes us a solid explaination or finding a solution to this problem as I view it as unfair.

That goes a little far. You cannot just post anything and expect it to stick. There are rules and if the post violates them, they will be taken down. Otherwise, as long as the content isn't problematic, it will remain. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths