cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs closed - no hire made - lost connects?

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
11 of 26

@Valeria K wrote:

Jess,

It applies to all jobs and freelancers regardless of their Membership. In order for connects to be returned, the job has to be closed either by the client or by Upwork team with no freelancers hired for it. It doesn't apply to jobs expired automatically, only closed jobs.

Ugh. So if a client just walks away from their post, which happens on about 75% of the jobs I apply to, there's no dispensation. What a drag.

svspit
Community Leader
Sergey S Member Since: May 6, 2015
12 of 26

Valeria,

can you please help me?

I seem have same issue mentioned in this thread - a lot of jobs I sent application to were ended with no hire and I did not get my connects back. I suspect there is some malfunction?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
13 of 26

Hi Sergey,

Please note that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of ServiceIf a client doesn’t hire and closes their job post, any Connects used to submit a proposal will be returned to you. However, if they do not close the job, no Connects will be returned. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
svspit
Community Leader
Sergey S Member Since: May 6, 2015
14 of 26

Hi Bojan,

thanks for the reply,

This is pretty sick, I can't believe one could invent this kind of scenario.

d73a67b6
Withawalai P Member Since: Aug 16, 2020
15 of 26

Hi Bojan, 

I have the same issue here. I see 4 jobs closed, 1 hiring which is understandable but 3 without hiring. From my understanding freelancer will get connect back but I haven't received any refund. 1 job closed 4 days ago. Any thought? I'm a bit confused. 

Thanks, 

WP

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
16 of 26

Hi Withawalai,

I was able to see that out of the proposals you sent, only 2 jobs closed because the original job posting expired, which does not fall under the condition for the Connects to be returned, as the project must be canceled by the client without making a hire for this to apply. Feel free to check this help article for more details on this.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
zbolton
Zachary B Member Since: May 20, 2017
17 of 26
Thank you. How do I know the difference?
zbolton
Zachary B Member Since: May 20, 2017
18 of 26

How do I know if the job was closed with or without a hire? Can you explain how to differentiate that?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
19 of 26

@Zachary B wrote:

How do I know if the job was closed with or without a hire? Can you explain how to differentiate that?

You'd have to click on the job and look at the number of hires associated with it. There's no reason whatsoever to invest that time, as connects will be returned automatically in the rare event that a job qualifies for a refund of connects. 

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
20 of 26

@Tiffany S wrote:

@Zachary B wrote:

You'd have to click on the job and look at the number of hires associated with it. There's no reason whatsoever to invest that time, as connects will be returned automatically in the rare event that a job qualifies for a refund of connects. 

Meanwhile, whatever number of connects you know you have left, as always, invest them wisely.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS