cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs closed - no hire made - lost connects?

f186651e
Roger M Member Since: May 19, 2019
21 of 26

Connects should get refunded regardless of the reason why the jon was closed. There are a lot of newbies or people with no previous hiring that just let the job offer died. We freelancers shouldn´t be punish because of this.

I´ve seen even older accounts posting jobs and no hiring nobody, you should at least charge THEM a fee for posting a job offer without hiring nobody at the end.

dianeparkin
Diane W Member Since: Feb 5, 2019
22 of 26

How about if a job is closed but you can't view it to see if there were any hires as the job no longer exists? Would we get our connects back then? 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
23 of 26

Diane: whether or not a job post can be seen by you is not a determining factor.

If a client hires someone and then closes the job post, then you may indeed be unable to view the job post. But you would not get connects back.

dianeparkin
24 of 26

Thank you, Preston.

However, Tiffany - Community Guru - responded above with: "You'd have to click on the job and look at the number of hires associated with it."

Normally, I can do that. But today I have 2 jobs that have come up "job is closed" and I can't look to see how many hires there have been because the job no longer exists, it's not there any longer. Usually, you can still look at a closed job and see if they have hired someone. On this occasion, I can't. 
I'm assuming this means the jobs were taken down by Upwork ... but how do we know that, and will we get our connects back if we can no longer view the (closed) job?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
25 of 26

There is a tracking page you can go to that shows every single connects refund. Use that page. The refunds are automatically processed.

On my default Upwork page... I can click on the "Available Connects" link...

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 7.22.55 AM.png

Then I can click on "View Connects History"...

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 7.23.23 AM.png

...and see all the information about refunds, connects usage, etc...

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 7.23.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 7.23.49 AM.png

dianeparkin
26 of 26

Okay, thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS