cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs that are asking for plagiarism

lpginocchio
Lauren G Member Since: Jul 18, 2016
1 of 4

I am new to upwork and I have been surprised by how many jobs in my field of expertise (nutrition) seem to be basically asking for you to plagiarize for them.  The job description itself will say that you are just copying files, such as articles or meal plans, into different wording but keeping the content the same. They say it has to pass a plagiarism checker, but you are still basically copying everything.  It seems to be a lot of the jobs I've looked at, and was wondering if this is something to flag.  It just seems so strange that they're outright admitting that this is the job.

Thanks, 

Lauren

richard_toland
Community Leader
Richard T Member Since: May 26, 2016
2 of 4

My advice is to avoid anything that even remotely looks like plagiarism. Its not just bad for Upwork, freelancers, and etc... its against the law. Report any listing like that as soon as possible.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 4

There have been other threads on here regarding academic fraud and plaigirism.  Flag the post as "fraud" which is the closest you can come.  I have filed tickets on a couple of law students with customer service, too.

It's disgusting and wrong but it's out there and sadly, there are freelancers who will do this kind of work.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 4

Hi Lauren, 

I will follow Richard and Mary's advice.We would appreciate if you reported that job by flagging it or by sending a ticket to customer support. The team will then review and take actions.

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS