younus_syed79
Community Member

Jobs with no hires

Hi there,

Please accpet my sincere apologies.

Many thanks,

Syed Younus

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had a bug while posting, so excuse me if I end up with a double post.

Connects are refunded if the client closes the job without hiring. The job stays open if there is activity within 30 days, which is fine with me because some clients are still hiring. Sometimes the freelancer they hired didn't work out so they want another look at candidates. I want them to be able to easily get a hold of me when they need to, whether that's a day after their post or a month, not within some artbitrary number of days decided by Upwork. Either way, the small amount of refunded connects won't really make the difference here. Freelancers usally have to send dozens of proposals to get a bite, and often for months. That's why it's best for freelancers to treat connects as an investment they're not going to get back, apply only to jobs they'd be perfect for, and focus on more productive activities in their free time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sjbercot
Community Member

Such clients who post jobs and don't respond within one week or hire, must be notified immediately and if repeated, their membership must be revoked.

Many of my clients hired me a week or even several weeks after they posted their job, so I'd rather not have Upwork penalizing clients (my income!) for entirely normal behavior. 

If you're not getting the ROI on connects that you want, you might revisit your proposals, profile, portfolio, or work on your skills. I found those efforts to be a lot more effective than spending a single minute checking up on old proposals.

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your response.

Please accept my sincere apologies.

Regards,

Younus Syed

I had a bug while posting, so excuse me if I end up with a double post.

Connects are refunded if the client closes the job without hiring. The job stays open if there is activity within 30 days, which is fine with me because some clients are still hiring. Sometimes the freelancer they hired didn't work out so they want another look at candidates. I want them to be able to easily get a hold of me when they need to, whether that's a day after their post or a month, not within some artbitrary number of days decided by Upwork. Either way, the small amount of refunded connects won't really make the difference here. Freelancers usally have to send dozens of proposals to get a bite, and often for months. That's why it's best for freelancers to treat connects as an investment they're not going to get back, apply only to jobs they'd be perfect for, and focus on more productive activities in their free time.

Younus S wrote:

I need to highlight one issue that if the clients don't hire anyone and the job post gets cancelled after 30 days, the connects must be refunded.

They're not. 

Upwork ran a test where they did refund some if the job posts expired. Clearly that didn't work for them, so the test was discontinued.

You also don't really get to decide what the platform "must" do....

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members