Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs with pre-defined hourly rate

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
11 of 23

@Oleg K wrote:

You can just bid on any hourly rate - it is not required option - just client set how much he is ready to spend. If your hourly rate is $15 per hour but client post $25 per hour you still can bid.

But if client set $5 per hour and you don't want to bid - you will see it and will not waste $2.

I do not want to reveal what I plan to spend. I don't go into stores and say sell me a $2000 TV please. No, I get to look around, see different prices, study the benefits of each and then make a decision.

You do not have the right to take that away from me. You never know what bargains I might find here.

I may not know the going rate and the price I have in my mind in mine to keep private while I review candidates, their qualifications and employment history.  

okhorev
Ace Contributor
Oleg K Member Since: Jul 10, 2015
12 of 23

If possible may be just do "Not sure" option up to defining hourly rate. It will solve your issue. Also on fixed price jobs people already set how much they are ready to spend so why not to make it for hourly jobs as well.

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
13 of 23

@Oleg K wrote:

You can just bid on any hourly rate - it is not required option - just client set how much he is ready to spend. If your hourly rate is $15 per hour but client post $25 per hour you still can bid.

But if client set $5 per hour and you don't want to bid - you will see it and will not waste $2.

Clients sometimes don't know what their budget should be. And that's okay. I've gone to brick and mortar interviews where I didn't know what the hourly rate was, human resources would ask in their list of questions ' what hourly rate do you want to work for?' (not exactly how they said it, but you get what i mean). Even if I didn't accept the job because the pay was too low, I never thought it was a waste of my time and money to go to the interview. 

It's like the lottery, you win some, you lose some, but you gotta be in it to win it. Smiley Happy  

okhorev
Ace Contributor
14 of 23

Same reply to your question Mariska.

If possible may be just do "Not sure" option up to defining hourly rate. It will solve your issue.

Also on fixed price jobs people already set how much they are ready to spend so why not to make it for hourly jobs as well.

jsutherland
Community Guru
15 of 23

@Oleg K wrote:

If possible may be just do "Not sure" option up to defining hourly rate. It will solve your issue.

Also on fixed price jobs people already set how much they are ready to spend so why not to make it for hourly jobs as well.

No. That is not fair to clients. It also identifies the client as being knew with no knowledge which simply sets them up to be abused by the scammers here. 

Transparency is a good thing. Taking options away from clients is never a good thing.

okhorev
Ace Contributor
16 of 23

Fixed price jobs are already there, so making hourly jobs with defined rate range is not a something what will make system more bad - it will be just right to have defined hourly rated jobs as it is already there for fixed price jobs.

Also as an option for you is to set "Not sure" option. If you know your budget - you set it, if you don't know - you set "don't know".

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
17 of 23

@Oleg K wrote:

Same reply to your question Mariska.

I think there is already an option for 'not sure', but upwork can't force clients to use any options available to them. So, I guess it is what it is until it changes Oleg. Smiley Happy 

okhorev
Ace Contributor
18 of 23

Currently there is no hourly rate defined at all. It is always just hourly job. Having option "Not sure" and define hourly rate range for example $15-$25 should provide better option for freelancers to bid and not waste connects.

jsutherland
Community Guru
19 of 23

Maybe not in your category but that is already available in other categories.

okhorev
Ace Contributor
20 of 23

Here is what I see on all jobs

> Hourly - Expert ($$$) - Est. Time: 1 to 3 months, Part Time - Posted 32 minutes ago

No hourly rate defined.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS