Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join the fight against plagiarism!

Highlighted
Community Leader
Aaron H Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
1 of 7

I just found someone who stole their design work from others bidding on a job. One of her logos looked familiar, so I did a reverse image search on Google, and guess what.. 99designs contest winner. Not her because the name and country of residence was different. Then I went on her personal website.. more of the same.

Please, if you have an extra couple of minutes, take a look at your competition. If their style isn't consistent, try to search for it on Google. If you find it, make sure it's not them, then report it to Upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

Aaron, sadly it happens in all fields Smiley Sad People claim to have written X, developed website Y, steal profile photos....

People steal portfolio items, even entire overviews from other freelancers either here or elsewhere.

I remember 3 or so years ago we discussed one who was working at $2.00 and claimed to have designed Shell's logo.....

I never had much luck with google image search, I must be doing something wrong! Tineye is good too and I seem to be able to find some stuff on it.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Geoff F Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
3 of 7

@Petra R wrote:

Aaron, sadly it happens in all fields Smiley Sad People claim to have written X, developed website Y, steal profile photos....

People steal portfolio items, even entire overviews from other freelancers either here or elsewhere.

I remember 3 or so years ago we discussed one who was working at $2.00 and claimed to have designed Shell's logo.....

I never had much luck with google image search, I must be doing something wrong! Tineye is good too and I seem to be able to find some stuff on it.

Steal profile photos, now there's an idea. I think I'll replace mine with a photo of George Clooney. Bound to gets lots of work.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 7

Geoff, half of Bollywood works on all the various freelancing sites, if the profile pictures of freelancers are anything to go by....

So why not George....

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 7

I think I might get away with Meryl Streep....on a bad day.....HER bad day, my best.

Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen R Member Since: Jun 19, 2015
6 of 7

Hi Aaron,

Upwork is full of graphic clowns who are questionable. Just focus on your career and stay positive.

I really like your Portland logo you designed. Good stuff.

PLus you live in one Badass city. Portland rules!

----------------------------------

Student of the Zulqarnaian & Jahanzeb Testing School.

"Because make me a Excellent Graphics Designer."

Highlighted
Community Leader
Aaron H Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
7 of 7

Thanks for the kind words! And yes, Portland does indeed rock!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS