cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Upwork

thegeegs
Liz G Member Since: Nov 17, 2016
1 of 3

Hi, I have a ffriend who has tried to join Upwork several times. She is bilingual and has many excellent skills. However, every time she tries to join, she gets a message that Upwork already has plenty of those skills.

We have tried calling her resume by various job titles (some of which were fairly obscure) but she simply seems to be unable to join. Is there a trick to doing it? I joined some time ago and dont now remember...

Thanks

Liz

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 3

There are many skills that are over-subscribed.  I would suggest that she get more experience in the "real world" and try back in a year or so.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

Many categories on Upwork are seriously ovesubscribed, with there being more freelancers than the platform can sustain already. This means that in those categories no more are needed, unless they have very significant advantages over those people who are already there.

"Many excellent skills" is generally a sign of a "Jack (or Jill) of all trades ..." rather than a highly qualified expert in one skill that's in demand. Being bilingual is great, but to be useful it has to be in a language that isn't already on offer by literally tens of thousands of Freelancers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS