🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Joining a team through Invite
Page options
sarte0120
Community Member

Joining a team through Invite

Hi,

A client invited me to join his team. I received this mail:

Ami has invited you to join their team on Upwork to help them hire for their job post: Writers Needed

Then after clicking "Get Started" button, it will redirect to the Upwork homepage.

I thought I'd be able to view the proposals and manage it because this is included in the mail invite.

After joining Ami's team, you'll be able to:

• Evaluate proposals they receive
  • Interview freelancers for jobs
  • Work and communicate with freelancers they hire

But I couldn't see the option the manage the Job Post. Does anybody know how this works?

Thanks a lot!

-S

24 REPLIES 24
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Silvia,

Can you please send me a private message of the email invite you have received for us to further assist you.

Thank you.

Untitled
cda99145
Community Member

I am having this same problem. I was invited to join a team and have tried every link on your user interface, including the one in the invitation email, including the team-lead sending me the URL directly, and NONE of them give me access to their team. What a waste of time. I'm also extremely disappointed to find that the other people have had this problem and no one from Upwork has posted a usable response.

Hi Victoria,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble joining a team. I checked your account and see that you have a client profile. We're you trying to set up a freelancer account? I also checked that our team has reached out to you regarding the job you have posted. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
valimy
Community Member

Same problem here. I received an invitation with a link like:

https://upwork.com/signup/?helpMeHire=5551bb64-XXX&frkscc=MlmXXX

(I have replaced the helpmehire and frkscc last group of letters with XXX)

and I can not see the job or team anywhere.

My profile I completed as freelancer.

Please help. My client is waiting my response on team.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Valentin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you with joining your team. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem. I have been invited to multiple teams and I don't see any of them in my jobs. I have the freelancer version of upwork account.

Hi Nadine,

You can see your teams in Settings > My Teams. I can also see that you have a client profile in your account for one of the teams. You can switch to it by clicking on your profile picture at the top right corner of your screen.

Could you please confirm what is missing? Please make sure you have the appropriate permissions on each team for the features you need to access.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mallory-thomas
Community Member

I have this same issue. 

Hi Mallory,

Could you please clarify if you`re not able to join the team or you`re having problems with the permissions? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rybak_yuriy
Community Member

Hi guys, 

Could you please help me with the same issue.

The thing is I got the invitation to join the team. But after clicking "accept invitation" button in the email, it redirects me to the Upwork homepage and nothing happens. I am still not a member of that team as when I go to the Settings > My Teams I see a message "There are no teams" . 

Hi Yuriy,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser before trying again to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
db427e42
Community Member

I have acceoted an invite as a hiring manager for a company. I need to review their jobs and applicants. I cannot see their jobs currently and have full permissions.... please assist

Hi there,

If you accepted the invitation but still can't view what's allowed based on the permissions, it's likely that the client who invited you to their team has not set the intended permissions on their end. Kindly confirm with them directly that they have set the right permissions on their account settings. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
viasacamay
Community Member

Hi! I am having the same issues. After accepting my client's invitation, I can only see the Messages part. I don't see other details aside from that. I need to review the applications coming through and I need to view the job my client has posted. Please let me know how can my client set up his Settings on his end.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
776c4cef
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

I am also experiencing the same error. I received the invitations from my Upwork employer via email but when I clicked the "get started" button it just opened my Upwork feed and nothing happened. How would I know if I successfully joined the accounts he asked me to join?

Links below after clicking the "Get Started":
https://www.upwork.com/nx/find-work/
https://www.upwork.com/nx/find-work/

Hope you can help. Thank you! 

Hi Maria,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
e_amy
Community Member

Hi Andrea,
I have the same issue. My client has invited me to be part of his team so that I can hire contractors on his behalf, but it is not reflecting on my profile. I clicked on the link and nothing happened(I just got redirected to my home page).

Please I need help asap, Thanks.🙏

Hi Amarachi,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
8d4af9b1
Community Member

I have the same issue. my client invited me to be part of their team so that I can post a job on their behalf but It is not reflecting on my profile.  need help pls

Hi Cherislyn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6412ebd2
Community Member

I have the same issue - I've received email: - You're invited to XXXXX team!

I clicking on the button and nothing happened(just redirect to home page)

26b30106
Community Member

Hi I have the same problem 

I have a freelancer account and I received an invite but when I click said invite it only brings me to my homepage. Please assist.

Hi Lester,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths