Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining a team through Invite

Silvia S Member Since: Jul 3, 2017
1 of 6

Hi,

A client invited me to join his team. I received this mail:

Ami has invited you to join their team on Upwork to help them hire for their job post: Writers Needed

Then after clicking "Get Started" button, it will redirect to the Upwork homepage.

I thought I'd be able to view the proposals and manage it because this is included in the mail invite.

After joining Ami's team, you'll be able to:

• Evaluate proposals they receive
  • Interview freelancers for jobs
  • Work and communicate with freelancers they hire

But I couldn't see the option the manage the Job Post. Does anybody know how this works?

Thanks a lot!

-S

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 6

Hello Silvia,

Can you please send me a private message of the email invite you have received for us to further assist you.

Thank you.

Untitled
Victoria D Member Since: May 5, 2019
3 of 6

I am having this same problem. I was invited to join a team and have tried every link on your user interface, including the one in the invitation email, including the team-lead sending me the URL directly, and NONE of them give me access to their team. What a waste of time. I'm also extremely disappointed to find that the other people have had this problem and no one from Upwork has posted a usable response.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 6

Hi Victoria,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble joining a team. I checked your account and see that you have a client profile. We're you trying to set up a freelancer account? I also checked that our team has reached out to you regarding the job you have posted. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Valentin M Member Since: Aug 13, 2019
5 of 6

Same problem here. I received an invitation with a link like:

https://upwork.com/signup/?helpMeHire=5551bb64-XXX&frkscc=MlmXXX

(I have replaced the helpmehire and frkscc last group of letters with XXX)

and I can not see the job or team anywhere.

My profile I completed as freelancer.

Please help. My client is waiting my response on team.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 6

Hi Valentin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you with joining your team. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS