🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Jss after Dispute ?
Page options
yossef-mohamed
Community Member

Jss after Dispute ?

i have a contract ended with freelancer after i did the work and everything well but he asked refund and we got a Dispute and it ended with refund the full money back to him , now what will happen to my JSS ? 

also he gave me a 5 stars feedback then he asekd the support to remove it , so now it " no feedback from client "

1 - what will happen now to my JSS ? 

2- and if it will be effected can i use the Feedback effect removal for top rated in this situation ?

will it help after the full refund of the Dispute ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Youssef, I have no idea on question 1, because the real details of feedback are not available to us. 

On question 2, if you lose your top-rated status because of this client's feedback (the one you had a problem with) and  then use your perk, your JSS is likely to go back to how it stands now, but there are a lot of factors to JSS, and client feedback is only one of them. If you lose your top-rated status, you have two weeks from the time you lost it to use your perk. I think in this case, it is likely to have been this client. However, from your profile (all publicly 5-star) it is difficult to tell.  So if this were me, I would definitely wait for the update, as Christine suggested, and see what happens to your JSS. 

I know this is stressful, but don't get too panicked by it. I'm fairly sure you will be OK. 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
AndreaG

Hi Yossef,

The effect on your JSS will depend on the feedback the client left. While their public feedback was removed they did leave private feedback as well. You can learn about what affects your JSS here.

~Andrea
Upwork
yossef-mohamed
Community Member

yes i'm asking now i can remove that private feedback with feedback removal for top rated ? to save the jss ?

private feedback cannot be "removed." whatever impact it has on your jss remains even if the public feedback is removed. 

lysis10
Community Member

Roma H wrote:

private feedback cannot be "removed." whatever impact it has on your jss remains even if the public feedback is removed. 

Yes it can. He's TR.

so please can i use it to remove the private and public feedback of my last contract ? the refund is still in red in my reports page shall i wait the refund to get done then to use it ? or to use it now ?

romahora
Community Member

I'm under the impression that TR means you get to remove public feedback, not privae.

shall i ask to remove the private feedback now before the jss score changes ? or after it changes ?

can you explain to me what is the best time to do it ?

Jennifer

please can you help me ? the refund of the dispute will happen after 4 days " 27 Jul " ( my balance in pending in red )

shall i ask to remove the private and public feedback now ? or after the refund happen ?

This is incorrect. If you are top rated you have the choice to remove it all or partially.  https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

Yossef, you can use your perk now to remove the entire feedback - public and private. You could also wait, as Christine suggested for the next update. If it doesn't have a very severe impact on your top-rated status, it might be a good idea to save your perk for another time. If it does impact heavily and you lose your TR status, then you still have two weeks in which you can remove the private feedback.  

ETA: I forgot to mention, that if you have all feedback removed, it will show on your profile as "This feedback has been removed". Have a look here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

thank you for answering me , please i have 2 more questions

1- is one so bad private feedback could make me lose my Top rated status ? 

2- if i lost it in this 2 weeks and then i used the feedback removal to remove it , i will get back my top rated status the next 2 weeks ?

Youssef, I have no idea on question 1, because the real details of feedback are not available to us. 

On question 2, if you lose your top-rated status because of this client's feedback (the one you had a problem with) and  then use your perk, your JSS is likely to go back to how it stands now, but there are a lot of factors to JSS, and client feedback is only one of them. If you lose your top-rated status, you have two weeks from the time you lost it to use your perk. I think in this case, it is likely to have been this client. However, from your profile (all publicly 5-star) it is difficult to tell.  So if this were me, I would definitely wait for the update, as Christine suggested, and see what happens to your JSS. 

I know this is stressful, but don't get too panicked by it. I'm fairly sure you will be OK. 

thank you for all explanation and for your time , kind way 

yossef-mohamed
Community Member

so please can i use it to remove the private and public feedback of my last contract ? the refund is still in red in my reports page shall i wait the refund to get done then to use it ? or to use it now ?

There isn't any public feedback if you gave the client a full refund. As for your JSS, why not wait until the next update before you decide whether or not to use your perk?

isn't that's means the effect of the refund / dispute will be already there on my jss ? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members