🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Jss disappeared
Page options
reeman_adel
Community Member

Jss disappeared

Hello there
My job success score was 100% but today it just disappeared from my Profile.
Can I know why?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Reeman A wrote:

But Antun that for the new freelancer
I already have more than 7 contracts and my jss was calculated 3 years ago, it was already published in my profile( I saw it last night)
but today it is just not there.

Same as others wrote: Too few jobs in the JSS calculation window. It will reappear once you have more.

Unrelated: why would you say "more than 7"? Is it 8? 9?
This is completely unrelated, just my curiosity. You can know how many jobs you had, you chose to say it's "more than 7". Why not "more than 2 (or 5 or whatever)"? Why not exact number of jobs?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You don't have enough contracts to calculate any longer. You need more finished jobs. 

No one says anything about jss disappearing after a specific time!
is there any article about that? can you send a link, please?

You will find it in the help section. It is no secret!

Reeman A wrote:

No one says anything about jss disappearing after a specific time!
is there any article about that? can you send a link, please?

What DO they say?

"Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months
More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so that their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to accumulate enough reviews to receive your initial score."

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

I already have more than 7 contracts and my jss was calculated 3 years ago, it was already published in my profile( I saw it last night)

Reeman A wrote:

Same as others wrote: Too few jobs in the JSS calculation window. It will reappear once you have more.

Unrelated: why would you say "more than 7"? Is it 8? 9?
This is completely unrelated, just my curiosity. You can know how many jobs you had, you chose to say it's "more than 7". Why not "more than 2 (or 5 or whatever)"? Why not exact number of jobs?

it's not the same in the specialized profile that is it, it just came out without thinking ( I am really upset for losing my job success score, I was feeling safe and that situation I never ever think it could happen (losing the jss))

You lost nothing, actually. Not having JSS is NOT bad.

Clients notice when percentage is "in red" (50% or similar). Other than that, it's all the same.
Clients care about your proposal, your portfolio, feedback you got from other clients.

You're good, nothing to care about. Just keep up.

Thank you a lot Antun.

Yes, there are many places on the site where Upwork explains that JSS is calculated using the best of three windows: 6 months, 12 months, and 24 months. If you don't have enough jobs in any of those windows to calculate a JSS, you obviously won't have one.

that's for new freelancers, right?
not for old(And already have jss) if they just didn't get a new contract in while?

serojakkk
Community Member

JSS is recalculated day by day, maybe that's why it's disappeared.

so it may disappear without any warning or telling anything maybe? and do you know or see before a situation like that?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths