🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Jss
Page options
nayan-sardar
Community Member

Jss

How many days after the five tasks are completed showing jss in upwork ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Nayan,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

The JSS is updated every two weeks on Sunday so the first time you see your JSS would be on a Sunday.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
AndreaG

Hi Nayan,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

The JSS is updated every two weeks on Sunday so the first time you see your JSS would be on a Sunday.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you so much 

e0987fb4
Community Member

HI I am Ankita ...I have been working on upwork science 14 JULY 2023 and earned a rising talent badge..I completed total 4 jobs and 2 in progress job till now..in the 4 total jobs 1 client end the contract after 2 months of completation of the work and provide me feedback (5 star rating)..and rest of 3 contract client give me mid job feedback (5 star rating) but does'nt end the contact..So today I ended a contract one of them...

My first question-

1) When I can show my JSS  on my profile ?

2) Self Ending contract with mid job feedback with 5 star can effect my JSS?

3)Can I end rest of the 3 contracts ? to get the jss score?

Hi Ankita,

As Andrea mentioned in her post above, you must have completed 4 or more different contracts with 2 or more clients in the past 24 months. You have only completed 2 contracts and currently have 4 active ones. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

In addition, Mid-Contract Feedback does not impact your JSS. Clients will still have the option to leave feedback once the contract ends. Feel free to check this article to learn more about JSS.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You only have three jobs with feedback, not enough for a JSS.

skalen-design
Community Member

Hi, Andrea. 
The next JSS update time is September 11, correct? Thank you

That is correct, Stanislav. The next update will be on 11-September. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Really? No bi-weekly any longer?

9a1a8e3b
Community Member

Hey, I have completed 5 jobs with different clients but yesterday was the time to update a JSS but I still haven't got my JSS what's the reason behind it?

Hi Azeem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. You can find more information in this help article

Additionally, I see that you already created a support ticket regarding your query. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
suzechoq
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I'm relatively new to Upwork and so far it's been going well and I have gotten several grant writing clients.  One client, however, was quite unreasonable.  He was not happy with the draft that I sent him, citing that he would have to re-work the entire thing.  I was shocked and very upset that he was so disappointed and I offered to re-do it for no charge.  He sent me the draft with his edits and literally three words were circled!  I fixed the three words and spent time re-wording some of the narratives, just to tighen it up.  I sent it back to him and asked if that met his needs, to which he replied yes.  His public feedback was 4.5 stars (all my others so far have been 5 stars with great feedback).  

Yesterday, my JSS score appeared for the first time and it is 73%!  I'm so upset because now I'm afraid I won't get more work.  I'm assuming that although he gave me 4.5 stars, that he slammed me in his private feedback.  From what I understand, there is literlly nothing I can do do rectify that which is so unjustly unfair.  I pride myself on giving great customer service and I do not do shoddy work.  Please help!!!

I understand how the score works.  I'm asking for help so that my Upwork carrer does not end here, becasue of one person who cowardly panned me in private.  I have already put in a ticket and emailed cust support.

Thank you,

Susan

Hi Susan,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Feedback is important for you and your business. If you have a problem with some feedback that you received, you have two options.

1. Respond — Post a response that will be visible next to the feedback from the client. Must be done within 28 days of the contract ending.
  2. Dispute — Only available under limited circumstances. In the majority of cases, it isn't possible to dispute feedback.

In addition, feedback removal may be available to Top Rated freelancers and agencies, and to freelancers who use Project Catalog, who may request the removal of one Project Catalog-specific feedback per month. You can find more information in this help article

Additionally, I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
26864b7c
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 

I have 3 completed jobs in Upwork and I have a job in progress. There are 4 jobs in total in my profile. As a badge, I appear as a rising talent. When will it show up as JSS?

Hi Beste,

Thank you for your message. Depending on the number and diversity of your projects and clients, you may get a JSS sooner or later. The minimum requirements for getting a JSS are:

- Completing projects with at least 2 different clients
- Finishing at least 4 different contracts within 24 months

Most freelancers receive a score after 5 projects, and almost all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I still have not receive my JSS. when can i expect to get it?

Hi Anji,

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so that their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to accumulate enough reviews to receive your initial score.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members